Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
A baker uses dry heat to prepare foods during the process of baking.
A person who bakes goods professionally is known as a baker. And the establishment where they sell their goods is called a bakery.
In baking, heat is transferred from the surface of cakes or bread to their center. The batters transform into baked goods with a dry crust and a soft center. Baking is typically done in an oven, but it can be also done in hot stones or ashes. In historical and familial roles, traditional baking has been a part of everyday life for centuries.
Automated machines were used for baking in factories during industrialization. But baking as art remains and is of an important nutritional value, especially bread. Some of the most popular products from bakeries are cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and bread. Bakers are some of the nicest people you will come across! You better compliment them, and don't forget to gift the bakers in your family things like an apron or a chef's hat, maybe even a glass! Let's jump into our list of quotes featuring some funny bakery quotes, quotes for bakers, and great quotes about cakes and great bakery slogans!
Find the best bakery quotes right here on baked things like chocolate cake, croissants, and much more!
1. "Happiness is baking cookies. Happiness is giving them away...and serving them, and eating them, talking about them, reading and writing about them, thinking about them, and sharing them with you."
— Maida Heatter.
2. "Because you don't live near a bakery doesn't mean you have to go without cheesecake."
— Hedy Lamarr.
3. "The secret to having an epically beloved bakery is consistency."
— Christina Tosi.
4. "I was drawn to bakery and pastry. It's the same discipline you employ in dance - you take the instruction, and you keep on practicing, seeking perfection. You never achieve it, but you strive."
— Ron Ben-Israel.
5. "First, kids should be involved in the production of their own. They have to get their hands in the dirt, they have to grow things. They also have to become sensually stimulated, and the way to begin is with a bakery."
— Alice Waters.
6. "You don't have to love cooking to cook, but you have to do more than love baking to bake. You have to bake out of love."
— Tom Junod.
7. "You go to a nice bakery and you can enjoy a nice sweet that's made well and it doesn't make you put on any weight if you eat in moderation and if you do a little bit of exercise."
— Adriano Zumbo.
8. "My father was a lesson. He had his own bakery, and it was closed one day a week, but he would go anyway. He did it because he really loved his bakery. It wasn't a job."
— Christopher Walken.
9. "Dad was a baker, and we lived above the bakery, so I was always popping down to have an apple pie or a doughnut or a custard or gypsy tart: I had a very sweet tooth, and I think that that was what got me into doing what I do now."
— Paul Hollywood.
Quotes About Baking
Get an idea about baking and whip that recipe book open and get to work!
10. "Most recently, I learned another hobby: baking. It's so much fun to mix all the ingredients and to see the cake come out nice. It's so rewarding when the cake comes out great and tastes great."
— Yani Tseng.
11. "Baking cookies is comforting, they are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal."
— Sandra Lee.
12. "I love baking. During the winter, they have these candles that smell like cookies, and I always buy like a hundred of them."
— Jared Padalecki.
13. "For less than the cost of a Big Mac, fries and a Coke, you can buy a loaf of fresh bread and some good cheese or roast beef, which you will enjoy much more."
— Steve Albini.
14. "Baking happens with ingredients that last for months and come to life inside a warm oven. Baking is slow and leisurely."
— Regina Brett.
15. "It's all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That's the art of baking."
— Peter Reinhart.
16. "There is no chiropractic treatment, no Yoga exercise, no hour of meditation in a music-throbbing chapel, that will leave you emptier of bad thoughts than this homely ceremony of making bread."
— M. F. K. Fisher.
17. "Baking is how you start kids at cooking in the kitchen. It's fun whether it's baking bread or cookies. With baking, you have to be exact when it comes to ingredients."
— Sandra Lee.
18. "Cake baking has to be, however innocently, one of the great culinary scams: it implies effort, it implies domestic prowess; but believe me, it's easy."
— Nigella Lawson.
19. "Many happy childhood memories begin in the kitchen, baking and decorating birthday cakes. It's one of the sweetest parts of childhood."
— Deanna F. Cook.
20. "Tenderness in baking is usually the result of simple, but superb technique— proper measuring, mixing, and timing. It's easier than you think."
— Alice Medrich.
21. "Civilization was built around wheat, around people settling down and not being nomadic. Baking is one of the oldest professions."
— Paul Hollywood.
22. "If baking is any labor at all, it's a labor of love. A love that gets passed from generation to generation."
— Regina Brett.
23. "Baking makes me focus....On weighing the sugar....On sieving the flour. I find it calming and rewarding because, in fairness, it is sort of magic - you start off with all this disparate stuff, such as butter and eggs, and what you end up with is so totally different. And also delicious."
— Marian Keyes.
24. "There are so many forms of love. Spending time with friends, love stories. I enjoy showing my love by baking a cake for somebody and writing his or her name on it, and seeing his or her reaction. I love to offer flowers too!"
— Pom Klementieff.
25. "Sometimes...we don't want to feel like a postmodern, postfeminist, overstretched woman but, rather, a domestic goddess, trailing nutmeggy fumes of baking pie in our languorous wake."
— Nigella Lawson.
26. "I love baking, it's the most calming thing for me. It's therapeutic, it makes the house smell good, and I get to take the goods to my friends. I do it for other people."
— Lily Collins.
27. "Men can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as they can from a lack of bread."
Inspirational Baking Quotes
Quotes that will inspire you to work a lot harder to hone your skills!
28. "Flour and butter, cream and sugar, words and images, all the ingredients for a rich, tasty story."
— Rona Simmons.
29. "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
— Harriet Van Horne.
30. "The real issue is not whether baking biscuits is meaningful, but the extent to which the activity can seem to be so after it has been continuously stretched and subdivided across five thousand lives."
— Alain de Botton, 'The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work'.
31. "When there is very little else left to believe in, one can still believe in an honest loaf of fragrant, home-baked bread."
— Anna Thomas, 'The Vegetarian Epicure: 262 Recipes'.
32. "It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon."
— Sarah Addison Allen, 'First Frost'.
33. "I'm baking stories, and singing cookies, oh the tonderous wimes!"
— Thom Yorke.
34. "If I survive, I will spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that nobody is denied bread and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not bring flour."
35. "The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight."
— M. F. K. Fisher.
36. "I have dreams of becoming a professional pastry chef and having a little bakery - that's how much I love baking. I love to cook in general, but my heart lies in desserts."
— Kim Barnouin.
37. "At the risk of sparking a barrage of angry letters from biologists - boy, can those guys kick off - when it comes to baking, the heart truly is connected to the stomach."
— Sue Perkins, 'The Great British Bake Off', Cake.
38. "Baking may be regarded as a science, but it's the chemistry between the ingredients and the cook that gives desserts life. Baking is done out of love, to share with family, to see them smile."
— Anna Olson.
39. "It's all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That's the art of baking."
— Peter Reinhart.
40. "If you're trying to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion."
— Elon Musk.
41. "I've heard it said that when you die you enter a room of bright light, and that you can smell bread baking just around the corner."
— Rick Bass, 'The Hermit's Story'.
42. "You can have your cake and eat it too and follow your passions, have a family, and be happy."
43. "Baking is…Life. So when you describe what you're making, you must describe life. Do you see? It's not just recipes."
Funny Quotes On Baking
Funny quotes that are something to tickle the funny bones with!
45. "In the Rue de Seine he encountered Planchet, standing outside a bakery ecstatically worshipping a supremely appetizing brioche."
― Alexandre Dumas, 'The Three Musketeers'.
46. "So we baked and sweated together. I like punching the dough. I told myself it was the moon and punched it senseless."
— Susan Beth Pfeffer.
47. "I have a giant baking book, so I close my eyes and pick a random page. Whatever it is, I try to bake it!"
— Nina Dobrev, interview with Emily Laurence.
48. "A bad review is like baking a cake with all the best ingredients and having someone sit on it."
— Danielle Steel.
49. "But of course you can have your cake and eat it, too - if you decide to bake a second cake. And you may well find that baking two cakes does not take twice the work of baking one."
— Robert Kuttner, 'The Economic Illusion: False Choices Between Prosperity and Social Justice'.
50. "I think baking cookies is equal to Queen Victoria running an empire. There's no difference in how seriously you take the job, how seriously you approach your whole life."
— Martha Stewart.
51. "God gives us the ingredients for our daily bread, but he expects us to do the baking!"
— Chip Ingram.
52. "Life was like a batch of biscuits without the baking powder: flat, flat, flat."
— Kirby Larson, 'Hattie Big Sky'.
53. "A basic rule of baking is that, in general, it's almost impossible to make an inedible batch of brownies."
— Linda Sunshine.
Nothing can taste better than a cupcake when your sweet-tooth aches! Don't mind others and just dig into this list!
54. "By contrast, my method of eating a cupcake was quite straight forward step one: gobble it down one large bite at a time until there's nothing left. That's it."
— Meg Donohue.
55. "When you look at a cupcake, you've got to smile."
— Anne Byrn.
56. "If a man bakes a pie, or a cake, or cupcakes, or cookies, even, he becomes a curiosity to the opposite sex."
— Manuel Gonzalez.
57. "Don't laugh at me for that cupcake thing. I enjoy cupcakes, therefore everyone should enjoy cupcakes."
— Ray Toro.
58. "Subsisting on a diet drawn from a food group isn't healthy or gratifying. Even eating cupcakes 24/7 eventually would get old!"
— Jenna McCarthy.
59. "Cupcakes when you want to watch your weight, but still feel the pride that comes with eating an entire cake."
— Dana Gould.
60. "I've never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn't fix."
— Sarah Ockler.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 60 Best Bakery Quotes To Inspire Your Inner Baker, then why not take a look at our [cupcake quotes], or baking quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.