Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
We've heard cliché quotes many times in our lives, and often ended up relating to them.
A cliche is essentially a thought, an opinion or an expression that has been overused through the years. Similarly, cliché quotes are simply overused quotes or phrases that have been passed down through art, movies, word-of-mouth and more!
Despite some quotes being cliche, we often end up finding a lot of meaning in them. There are cliché quotes about almost everything, whether the subject is love, dreams, or something else. It's no wonder that cliché sayings become popular quotes. Here are some of the most cliché quotes that are overused for a reason. If you liked these quotes, check out our other articles on [cheesy inspirational quotes] and carpe diem quotes.
Cliché Quotes That Will Motivate Anyone
When it becomes tough to push ourselves, we can depend on the wisdom we derive from cliche inspirational quotes. Such cliches give us the motivation and direction we need to keep going! These cliches give us advice, show us the way and help us focus our attention on what truly matters. So, despite being cliches, these cliche motivational quotes are extremely helpful for some.
1. "I have never started a poem yet whose end I knew. Writing a poem is discovering."
2. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
3. "Reach for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars."
-Norman Vincent Peale.
4. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
5. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."
6. “The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
7. "Life is about making an impact, not about making an income."
8. "First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end."
9. "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."
10. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
11. "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
12. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
13. "Success is never owned. It is only rented, and the rent is due every day."
14. "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
-Dale Carnegie, 'How To Stop Worrying And Start Living'.
15. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality."
16. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
17. "Take chances. It may be bad, but it's the only way you can do anything really good."
18. "Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time."
19. “It is not the length of life, but the depth."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
20. "It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live"
21. "The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach.
22. "If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot."
23. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
24. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."
25. "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world."
26. "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"
-Leo Tolstoy, 'War And Peace'.
27. "The trouble is, you think you have time."
28. "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default"
29. "Even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there."
30. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."
31. "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
-Rita Mae Brown, 'Alma Mater'.
32. "God will never give you anything you can't handle."
33. "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
Cliche Love Quotes
There's a revolution upon us, and the best way to participate is to love yourself. Self-love is the greatest romance. Here are some cliche love quotes to reminds us why loving ourselves, our friends and all the special ones in our lives is so important. If you've been looking for advice in the matters of love, what better way than to search for meaning in each cliche quote. After all, they are cliches and will stay cliches for a reason!
34. "Be silly, be honest, be kind."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
35. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
36. "Time heals all wounds."
37. "I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself."
-Charlotte Brontë, 'Jane Eyre'.
38. "Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can."
39. "If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky."
40. "Who, being loved, is poor?"
41. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
42. "Affection is when you see someone's strengths; love is when you accept someone's flaws."
43. "You can't love someone unless you love yourself."
44. "There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well."
45. "The eyes are the window to your soul."
46. "It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you're different than anyone else."
47. "To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life."
-Victor Hugo, 'Les Miserables'.
48. "A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."
49. "Self-love seems so often unrequited."
50. "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, 'The Fellowship Of The Ring'.
51. "Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'"
-John Greenleaf Whittier.
52. "But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
53. "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend."
54. "Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.”
55. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
56. "Make sure the important people in your life know they are important before it’s too late.”
57. "Stop waiting for someone else to love you first."
-J H Hard.
58. "When you love someone, you love the person as they are and not as you'd like them to be."
59. "The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day"
-Orlando Aloysius Battista.
60. "My children taught me the true meaning of unconditional love."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best cliche quotes that are overused for a reason, then why not take a look at these life goes on quotes, cheesy love quotes, or today is a new day quotes for more?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.