Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
If you are a girl with curly hair, there are a lot of reasons to celebrate.
Curls have always been in vogue. But it often gets a bad reputation, as straight hair is considered more beautiful by many.
Now, everyone seems to be embracing their curls more instead of straightening and damaging their 'instant noodles' beautiful locks. Naturally curly hair looks are celebrated today using hair products for curls, bobby pins, and several hair looks!
The curly hair shape differs, with curls being loose or tight, forming different shapes, textures, and looks that no one can scroll past on Instagram. The natural curl pattern occurs due to the shape of the follicle, which can be passed down genetically. It is also cultural, as many African people have curly, kinky hair textures. Frizzy hair is beautiful, and now many people are embracing natural hair with confidence!
We believe that curly hair captions and curly hair quotes are something that can turn any girl's day around. Your naturally curly hair is a part of you, and it's about time you love your curls for all they are and never let anyone dull your curls. Here are some awesome curly hair quotes for you to enjoy, and maybe even use as the perfect caption on Instagram! You will find in this list girls with curly hair quotes and Mary Ann Shaffer quotes, plus more.
If you like this article, check out these hair quotes and [hairdresser quotes].
Inspirational Curly Hair Quotes
Curly hair quotes will make any girl with curly hair smile. Think your hair is amazing and good to stay? Check out these amazing quotes about curly hair and pick your favorite for hair shows!
1. “Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls, and just wanted to go to sleep forever?”
- Bo Goldman.
2. “Who run the world? CURLS!”
3. “Curly girl: It's more than just hair, it's an attitude.”
- Lorraine Massey.
4. “I was shy, but it came out in a big personality. My turning point was when I let my hair go naturally.”
– Tracee Ellis Ross.
5. "Natural hair fiercely poppin’ on purpose."
- Stephanie Lahart.
6. “Don’t remove the kinks from your hair. Remove them from your brain.”
- Marcus Garvey.
7. “Hairdressers are a wonderful breed. You work one on one with another human being, and the object is to make them feel so much better, and to look at themselves with a twinkle in their eye.”
– Vidal Sassoon.
8. “My hair has become part of my identity; it’s almost an appendage to me.”
- Troy Polamalu.
9. "Gold of sunshine in her hair, lips that shame the red red rose."
-Maleficent, 'Sleeping Beauty'.
10. “I was born with curly hair. It fits my personality, and it's totally who I am. I am rough around the edges, and I am not a polished girl.”
- Erin Wasson.
11. “I keep my hair curly and natural because I really just wanna show who I am.”
- Alessia Cara.
12. “I'm a queen crowned in my own curls.”
13. "I love my hair because it's a reflection of my soul. It's dense, it's kinky, it's soft, it's textured, it's difficult, it's easy, and it's fun. That's why I love my hair!"
-Tracee Ellis Ross.
14. "Thank God your hair broke your fall."
- Susan Cooper, 'Spy'.
15. “With curls, every day is a new adventure.”
16. "If someone tells you your hair is too big, get rid of them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life."
- Dolly Parton.
17. “Never let anyone dull your curls.”
18. “For me, the working of hair is architecture with a human element.”
– Vidal Sassoon.
19. “My most noticeable physical trait is, hands down, my hair. It's big, unruly and curly, and you can spot it from a mile away... literally.”
- Becca Fitzpatrick.
20. “You know you have curly hair when your hair takes up 90% of your selfie.”
21. "Eventually I knew what hair wanted; it wanted to be itself...to be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was.”
- Alice Walker.
22. "A girl without braids is like a city without bridges.”
- Roman Payne.
23. “It doesn’t matter if your life is perfect as long as your hair color is.”
– Stacy Snapp Killian.
24. “People will stare. Make it worth their while.”
– Harry Winston.
25. "My curls defined me; even my personality was curly, bouncy, springy, and playfully twisted."
— Elise Allen.
26. “Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices.”
- Shana Alexander.
27. “Your hair carries a lot of energy and memories.”
- Lindsey Price Stone.
28. “Racism is very characteristic of imperialism and capitalism. Hate against me has a lot to do with racism. Because of my big mouth and curly hair. And I'm so proud to have this mouth and this hair, because it is African.”
- Hugo Chavez.
29. “Her caramel skin and curly beach sand hair spreads in wavy chops like the choppy storm waves on the ocean."
— Ami Blackwelder.
30. "I'd like to run barefoot through your hair!"
-Gifford Middleton, 'Bombshell'.
31. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair.”
- Susan Polis Shutz.
32. “People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don’t know, I’m never there.”
33. "Your hair is winter fire, January embers."
Quotes On Curly Hair Struggles
Sometimes the frizz just takes over! All curly-haired girls have a love-hate relationship with their curls. Hair problems are universal, but that shouldn't stop you. Love your curls always! Here are some awesome natural curly hair quotes to help you embrace your beautiful self. With these amazing hair sayings and curly quotes, you can show off the volume of your lovely 'instant noodles' mane on Instagram with the best curly hair captions to match! Be the person to run the world at hair shows and and never let anyone dull your curls with these curly hair sayings.
34. “I had curly hair and wished it was straight.“
- Jennifer Aniston.
35. “If my hair gets any frizzier, I'll shave it to the scalp. Or light it on fire. Whichever is easier.”
36. “Anybody who has curly hair knows you don't want it to be brushed out because it becomes a never-ending tangle.”
- Judy Davis.
37. “I was somebody who never loved my hair.
- Jennifer Aniston.
38. “I think the most important thing a woman can have – next to talent, of course, – is her hairdresser.”
- Joan Crawford.
39. “Life’s like hair. Sometimes it’s perfect and sometimes it’s a disaster.”
40. “Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.”
41. “I have very curly hair and I straighten it every day - it takes maybe two minutes. I can't imagine anyone having a bigger challenge than I do in the kinkiness that is my crazy 'fro.”
- Ginnifer Goodwin.
42. “And as for you, stop having curly hair!”
- Louis Tomlinson.
43. “Nobody is really happy with what's on their head. People with straight hair want curly, people with curly want straight, and bald people want everyone to be blind.”
- Rita Rudner.
Curly Hair Quotes From Books And Famous Authors
As a person with curly hair, you may think your hair is your enemy. That's absolutely untrue. No one can appreciate the beauty of your hair unless you do it first. That will be a turning point for your self-confidence. Here is something from books and literature that will convince you that your hair is good to stay. You can also use these quotes as interesting curly hair captions for your Instagram! Pick your favorite curly hair sayings from down below.
44. “Shug Avery sat up in bed a little today. I wash and comb out her hair. She got the nottiest, shortest, kinkiest hair I ever saw, and I love every strand of it.”
- Alice Walker, ‘The Color Purple’.
45. ""This is you." She pointed at the stick figure with enormous red curly marks and blue eyes. Did my hair really look like that? I ran a hand over my head, feeling a bit like Little Orphan Annie."
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, ‘Cursed’.
46. "I like your hair better curly."
— Jenna Evans Welch, ‘Love And Gelato’.
47. "I first saw Bob Dylan in 1961 at Gerde’s Folk City in Greenwich Village. He was not overly impressive. He looked like an urban hillbilly, with hair short around the ears and curly on top."
— Joan Baez, ‘And A Voice to Sing With: A Memoir’.
48. "I could see why his species had darker skin and coarse, curly hair. They’d adapted to a hostile climate with higher temperatures."
— Bella Forrest, ‘A Shard of Soul’.
49. "Rosie hated her curly golden hair. When she was old enough to hold minimal conversations, the itsy-bitsy-cutesy coo sort of grown-ups would pull the soft ringlets gently and tell her what a pretty little girl she was.”
- Robin McKinley, ‘Spindle’s End’.
50. "I like the way you've let your hair go curly," he finally said. "Suits your personality. Lots of energy, not much control, sexy as hell."
- Janet Evanovich, ‘One For The Money’.
51. "He had secret loves all over town, the kind of curly-haired big-bodied girls who wouldn't have said boo to a loser like him but about whom he could not stop dreaming."
- Junot Díaz ‘The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao’.
52. “They only hate me because I have naturally curly hair...They're jealous of me...What should I do?"
- Charles M. Schulz, ‘The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 6’.
53. "In a far-off country, there was once a little girl who was called Silver-hair, because her curly hair shone brightly.”
- Robert Southey, ‘Goldilocks And The Three Bears’.
54. “I bring you black eyes and golden skin and curly hair, I bring you Islam and Luxor and Alexandria and Lutes and tambourines and date-palms and silk rugs and sunshine and incense and voluptuous ways."
— Ahdaf Soueif, ‘In The Eye Of The Sun’.
55. "The things I've bought from strangers in the dark would curl your hair."
— David Sedaris, 'When You Are Engulfed In Flames'.
56. "I often have the fantasy that curly girls are mermaids who have had to adapt to life on dry land. We come from the sea. The ocean is in our blood. It sings through our heart and lungs, our skin and hair. Our curls require the nourishment only a watery environment can provide.”
- Lorraine Massey, ‘Curly Girl’.
57. ""Petunia's hair is too curly to braid," She said conversationally. Oliver wasn't sure why, but that was what finally made him blush"."
— Jessica Day George, ‘Princess Of The Silver Woods’.
58. “My hair is short and kinky because I don’t straighten it anymore. Once Shug say she love it no need to.”
– Alice Walker, ‘The Color Purple’.
59. "He is obviously proud of his shock of curly gray hair; it is the symbol of his aging masculinity. This is not a hairstyle; it is a world view."
— Pierre Lemaitre, ‘Camille’.
60. "She was very pretty, with curly blonde hair swept up into a ponytail and a wide, comforting smile. I’d just been through a major accident; I shouldn’t have been noticing how pretty she was. But I did, anyway."
— Bridget Essex, ‘The Protector’.
61. "Her hair is troublesome and curly."
— Amit Chaudhuri, ‘Afternoon Raag’.
62. "Free your hair and the rest will follow."
— Lorraine Massey , ‘Curly Girl: The Handbook’.
63. "Hazel redid her ponytail, but it was a losing battle. Her hair was so long, curly, and luxurious it kept escaping its scrunchie."
— Rick Riordan, ‘The Tyrant's Tomb’.
64. “Not like that," Na'imah instructs, shaking her head so hard that a shower of orange flower petals fall from her curls. Dragonflies orbit her head as she repositions a maji's hands around her cheetanaire's temples. "Feel the connection.”
― Tomi Adeyemi, 'Children Of Virtue And Vengeance'.
65. “She wears the braid every day and always, by lunchtime, the curls and ringlets of her thick mane have managed to escape in rebellious little tendrils. But she refuses to surrender to that hair of hers, and every morning, it goes back into the braid.”
― Gayle Forman, 'If I Stay’.
66. “Some boys feel they are like girls,
They are gentle, and like their hair in curls.”
― Christina Engela, ‘Other Kids Are Kids Almost Just Like You’.
67. “I will not deny my hair the wildness of my age.”
- Alice Walker, ‘I Will Not Deny’.
68. “He held curls to be effeminate, and his own filled his life with bitterness.”
- Mark Twain, ‘The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer’.
69. “One of her instructors in fashion had given her to understand that curls were not the thing. "They'll always pass muster," Miss Dunstable had replied, "when they are done up with bank notes"."
- Anthony Trollope, 'Doctor Thorne'.
70. “Shakes his ambrosial curls, and gives the nod, The stamp of fate, and sanction of the god.”
- Homer, ‘The Iliad’.
71. “Come let me pluck that silver hair Which 'mid thy clustering curls I see; The withering type of time or care Has nothing, sure, to do with thee.”
- Alaric Alex Watts, ‘The Grey Hair’.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best curly hair quotes to celebrate your style, then why not take a look at [messy hair quotes], or [hairdresser quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.