Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Goosebumps, like a sitting duck, duck and dive, duck quotes, and duck personalities all feature in children’s storybooks and ducks have an important part to play as a bird, as well in languages!
Starting from Disney characters like Donald Duck and Daisy Duck, authors of children’s books, authors like Douglas Adams, Manoj Arora, all have come up with some popular duck quotes. So, the water birds with their ‘keep calm’ demeanor are not only a favorite of authors of children’s books but authors of grown-ups too!
The character of ducks is truly intriguing. Even as they continue to paddle like crazy underwater, they keep calm and maintain a happy face all the time. That’s why dozens of duck characters and duck quotes are found in the books. A collection of duck quotes from authors and well-known personalities is a way to understand how differently people perceive this bird from the anatidae family! In this list, you will find a quote about ducks, duck captions, duck sayings.
If you find duck quotes interesting, why not look at chicken quotes and [nature quotes].
Best Duck Quotes
Some of the best duck quotes are in praise of the ducks’ character, reflecting a calm persona above the water while it paddles continuously underwater. Some are from authors like Nyiri Murtagh, spoken for the ‘Love of Ducks’.
1. “When the ducks are walking, you know it's too windy to play golf.”
2. "Like a duck on the pond. On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute."
- Gene Hackman.
3. “Ducks are strong, fast flyers…”
- Randy Frahm.
4. “Ducks are one of the smallest types of waterfowl…often the most colorful.”
- Stephen Savage.
5. “Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling and calm face.”
- Manoj Arora.
6. “Always behave like a duck, keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.”
- Jacob Braude.
7. “I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back. If it's not positive, I didn't hear it...”
- George Foreman.
8. “I don't have ugly ducklings turning into swans in my stories. I have ugly ducklings turn into confident ducks.”
- Maeve Binchy.
9. “The secret of success is to be like a duck, smooth and unruffled on top, but paddling furiously underneath.”
- Bill Cosby.
10. “How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.”
- Dorothy L. Sayers.
11. “A healthy duck will be bright and will try to get away from people...”
- Nyiri Murtagh.
Famous Duck Quotes
Most authors of duck quotes see ducks as an example to be followed. Duck quotes from books, and duck quotes explaining the general behaviors of ducks, mostly show the positive side of ducks.
12. “Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath.”
- Michael Caine.
13. “Duck love is recognizable in any language.”
- Edmond Manning.
14. “I've always had a duck personality. Calm above water, feet going crazy below.”
- K. Flay.
15. “Ducks are masterfully designed…for both aquatic and terrestrial life.”
- Dave Holderread.
16. “Christianity is why the 'Duck Dynasty' family is still together.”
- Si Robertson.
17. “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.”
18. “Don't quack like a duck, soar like an eagle.”
- Ken Blanchard.
19. “The popularity of ducks— often described as the happiest animals in the barnyard— is increasing in many areas of the world.”
- Dave Holderread.
20. “A new duck may be dirty because it soiled itself on the way home…should not be interpreted as a sign of illness.”
- Nyiri Murtagh.
21. “….in their writhings, a little like two ducks, one of which is trying to make a third duck inside the second duck… the second duck is trying…to explain that it doesn't feel ready for a third duck right now...”
– Douglas Adams, ‘Life, The Universe And Everything’.
Funny Duck Quotes
Authors have a lot of funny things to say about ducks. Here are some hilarious duck quotes. Keep calm and get your share of laughter!
22. “If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck!”
- Robin Cook.
23. “A duck tastes the same whether they're shot sitting or flying.”
- Jase Robertson.
24. “Nature is a wet place where large numbers of ducks fly overhead uncooked.”
- Oscar Wilde.
25. “If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it could be a really ugly swan.”
- Timmothy Radman.
26. “If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”
- Douglas Adams.
27. “You can't aim a duck to death.”
- Beverly Sills.
28. “I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath.”
- Fred Shero.
29. “Unlike a deer, a duck can see you in color and from a very long way off….if you can see a duck, it can see you.”
- Heather Carver.
30. “I can do a really good animal impression! I'm great at ducks, cats, dogs, and occasionally dolphins.”
- Ella Purnell.
31. “Ducks can make a highly effective pest patrol in the garden…keep them from tender plants and low-growing fruit.”
- Dave Holderread.
32. “I really hate rubber ducks, actually.”
- Florentijn Hofman.
33. “Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.”
- Jules Renard.
34. “I'm sorry for the ducks; I love foie gras.”
- Jose Andres.
35. “I have cats, dogs, monkeys and ducks at home - it's like a mini zoo.”
- Vaani Kapoor.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for duck quotes, then why not take a look at wildlife quotes or funny animal quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.