Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Yoga is the mantra for the modern health-conscious generation.
Contemporary lives center around busyness, characterized by immense competition where people are often found dealing with frustration and anxiety. Yoga is seen by many as the solution to all.
In wintry days and hectic schedules, our bodies can feel weak and tired, and if you are hesitant about intense workouts then yoga is the perfect exercise for you. Therapeutic in its effects, yoga helps to calm the body and mind. Yoga offers a sense of gratitude, but at the cost of practice and patience. Speaking of the materialistic benefits of yoga, regular indulgence in yoga can improve flexibility, fitness, agility, strength, and energy, while also acting as a great stress-buster. Yoga uplifts the mind and revives the soul. The phrase, "a healthy mind resides in a healthy body" is popular for a reason, so grab your mats, pants, or dumbbells and get going.
We have gathered the best funny yoga sayings to inspire you, including funny yoga phrases, funny yoga pants quotes, funny exercise quotes, and funny quotes about doing yoga. Enjoy!
Hilarious Yoga Quotes
Exercising can be fun if you spice it up with some tongue-in-cheek jokes and quotes. Add some more laughter, some more fun, and some more exercise to your life to lift up your daily spirits!
1. “The only yoga stretch I've perfected is the yawn.”
- Grant Tucker.
2. “A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves.”
- Terri Guillemets.
3. “Man who doesn’t have strength can practice. Except lazy people; lazy people can’t practice Ashtanga yoga.”
- Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois.
4. “There doesn't seem to be a recognized yoga of art... I call it Sutra-Yoga. Sutra, like strophe & verse, means the turn, the vortical twist of the mind in the imagined form.”
- Northrop Frye.
5. “Yoga class is great. You can close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place.”
- Grant Tucker.
6. “I do an hour’s yoga and go running every day. Then I see a picture of myself and I still look like a skinny, pot-bellied idiot – and I thought I had turned into this superhunk!”
- Chris Martin.
7. “I’m not napping. This is savasana!”
Yoga Quotes That Everyone Loves
The inspiring stories offered by fitness enthusiasts are something to crave for. If you are one of the many motivated fitness freaks, these phrases have especially been curated for you from across the world.
8. “The pleasure one enjoys from [spiritual] practice results in cessation of sorrow.”
- Bhagavad Gita.
9. “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.”
- B. K. S. Iyengar.
10. “Yoga teaches more than postures; it teaches you how to trust.”
- Kathryn E. Livingston.
11. “The yoga mat is a good place to turn when talk therapy and antidepressants aren’t enough.”
- Amy Weintraub.
12. “Sitting and concentrating the mind on a single object, controlling the thoughts and the activities of the senses, let the yogi practice meditation for self-purification.”
- Bhagavad Gita.
13. “When I’m under stress, I do yoga.”
14. “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.”
- Yogi Bhajan.
15. “Oh gosh, I noticed dramatic changes in my body after I started doing yoga, but I also think you have to shake things up.”
- Jennifer Aniston.
16. “Eat clean, stay fit, and have a burger to stay sane.”
- Gigi Hadid.
17. “Yoga is a way of getting totally drunk... on life... they call it divine.”
Yoga Quotes That Inspire World Peace
When the mind is happy the world becomes a better place to live. Check out these musings on exercise that would inspire you to live constructively.
18. “Relationships are like the world’s most intense yoga! It’s a daily practice.”
- Tracy McMillan.
19. “There's no reason that we need to be counting things and adding things up.”
- Rory Freedman.
20. “Calming the mind is yoga, not just standing on the head.”
- Swami Satchidananda.
21. “For nearly every challenging moment... there’s a yoga pose to help you feel better.”
- Mandy Ingber.
22. “If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.”
– Dalai Lama.
23. “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
- Mohammad Ali
24. “Everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it.”
- Michael Phelps.
25. “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.”
- Jim Rohn.
26. “Practice puts brains in your muscles.”
- Sam Snead.
27. “Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.”
- Earl Nightingale.
28. “Find happiness within nature and yourself. For a healthy and peaceful life, make yoga a habit!”
29. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.”
- Jason Crandell.
30. “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state.”
- Sharon Gannon.
Inspirational Musings On Yoga
Read along for some more inspiration.
31. “In truth yoga doesn’t take time – it gives time.”
- Ganga White.
32. “Balancing in yoga and life is a reflection of our inner state.”
- Shiva Rea.
33.“True Yoga is not about... the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived.”
- Aadil Palkhivala.
34. “Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.”
- B.K.S Iyengar.
35. “When breath control is correct, mind control is possible.”
- Pattabhi Jois.
36. “True meditation is about being fully present with everything that is including discomfort and challenges.”
- Craig Hamilton.
37. “The study of asana is not about mastering posture. It’s about using posture to understand and transform yourself.”
- B.K.S Iyengar.
38. “Yoga is not about self-improvement, it’s about self-acceptance.”
- Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa.
39. “Yoga is not a work-out it is a work-in, and this is the point of spiritual practice to make us teachable to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.”
- Rolf Gates.
40. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.”
- Yogi Bhajan.
41. “Yoga is a mirror to look at ourselves from within.”
42. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.”
- Kathryn Budig.
43. “It’s not until you get tired that you see how strong you really are.”
- Shaun T.
44. “Yoga happens beyond the mat, anything you do with attention to how you feel is doing yoga.”
45. “We all wish for world peace... first establish peace within our own minds.”
- Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
46. “Yoga practice can make us more and more sensitive to subtler... sensations... Paying attention... is one of the surest ways to steady the wandering mind.”
- Ravi Ravindra.
47. “Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony.”
- Debasish Mridha.
48. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
49. “Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh.
50. “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for funny yoga quotes, then why not take a look at these Krishna quotes, free spirit quotes or [bohemian quotes] for more?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]