Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
No one can have a happy weekend if one doesn't have a happy Saturday.
Saturday is the sixth day of the week, named in honor of Saturn, the Roman God of Agriculture. "Sæturnesdæg" which means 'Saturn's Day', is an Anglo-Saxon word from which we get the English word 'Saturday'.
Saturday is extremely special and most of the time is called "happy Saturday" as it marks the end of western working week. It is also the official beginning of the regular two day weekend. Saturday mornings are for sleeping in and the nights are for partying. That's why we've curated this list of the best Saturday quotes for everything and everyone.
If you like what you read for these Saturday quotes then check out similar [Saturday morning quotes] and happy weekend quotes.
Famous Saturday Quotes
We have the famous Saturday quotes for the ones who want to book their lives together from some of the most famous people to inspire you.
1. "There was nothing like a Saturday – unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation."
2. "I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment with a book. That’s how I refuel."
3. "It's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning."
4. "Oh my sweet Saturday, I have been waiting for you for six long days."
-Charmaine J. Forde.
5. "Saturday night is when you want to do what you want to do and not what you have to do."
6. "Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath."
-Lyndon B. Johnson.
7. "Love me like Saturday night... like the room is spinning..."
-C J. Carlyon.
8. "When I was a kid, they were a really important thing to me. I couldn’t wait for Saturday night."
9. "Spirituality is the sacred center out of which all life comes, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious detail."
10. "Saturday is the thing that gives us a weekend of enjoyment."
-Anthony T. Hinks.
Happy Saturday Quotes
We know nothing is better than happy Saturday quotes for you to have a good morning and mark a pleasant beginning to the weekend.
11. "Imagine living a life where every day are your Saturdays and Sundays. Make every day your weekend."
-James A. Murphy.
12. "Saturday is the mightiest day of the week. It's unshakably, overwhelmingly superior."
13. "Saturdays are an escape from school, work, and ‘have to’ tasks."
14. "Better days are coming. They are called Saturday and Sunday."
15. "Good morning. Happy Saturday, have a great day. God Bless."
16. "Happy Saturday! Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you."
-Frank Lloyd Wright.
17. "Happiness is not having to set the alarm for next morning. Happy Saturday!"
18. "Happy Saturday! When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength."
19. "I think having more Saturdays sounds great."
20. "Saturday makes my day complete."
-Anthony T. Hincks.
21. "Saturday is here; give it a warm welcome by allowing yourself a lovely day of rest."
22. "Happiness is not having to set the alarm for the next day. That’s why I love Saturday."
Funny Saturday Quotes For A Good morning
Here are some funny Saturday quotes and sayings to brighten up your and your loved ones' weekend with a little touch of humor.
23. "On the Sixth Day, God created man, the sort of result you often get when you go in to work on a Saturday."
24. "Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through."
25. "The Christians gave Him Sunday, the Jews gave Him Saturday, and the Muslims gave Him Friday. God has a three-day weekend."
26. "There were many reasons to regard Saturday as the second best day after Friday."
-R. Phillip Ritter.
27. "Every night is a Saturday night."
- Travis Barker.
28. "Saturday and Sunday were sworn enemies until one day when they both decided to sit down and talk. Have a Happy Weekend."
-Anthony T. Hincks.
29. "Sublimer Strains, O rustick Muse, prepare;
Forget a-while the Barn and Dairy’s Care"
-John Gay, ‘The Shepherd’s Week : Saturday; Or, The Flights’.
30. "The prettiest sight I know,
Worth all your roses and snow,
Is the blaze of light on a Saturday night"
- E. Nesbit, ‘Saturday Song’.
31. "On Saturday morning, I like to get up early and go out – TV is banned!"
32. "I really need a day between Saturday and Sunday."
33. "Saturday morning, you knew what was cool by what was on 'Soul Train'."
34. "People still act differently on a Saturday night for no reason other than it’s Saturday night."
Lazy Saturday Quotes
These are good Saturday morning quotes for the ones who like to spend their weekends in their PJs and give their bodies the rest it needs after a hard week.
35. "Ah. I love these lazy Saturdays. Ah. I love these real Saturdays. They’re so relaxing."
36. "Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you."
37. "Sleeping in on a Saturday always feels like a little bit of heaven."
38. "If they want to learn how to live life right
they ought to study me on Saturday night."
- Maya Angelou, ‘Weekend Glory’.
39. "I call it swell
if I'm able to work
and get paid right
and have the luck to be Black
on a Saturday night."
- Maya Angelou, ‘Weekend Glory’.
40. "Saturday is a day for the spa. Relax, indulge, enjoy, and love yourself, too."
41. "Come on, come on, turn the radio on
It's Saturday, and it won't be long"
-Sia, 'Cheap Thrills'.
42. "Your body tells you what it needs, and if you sleep past your alarm on a Saturday morning, it’s probably because you need the sleep."
43. "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
44. "Ideally, on Saturday morning I’d allow myself a lovely lie-in. 10:45 would be just right."
45. "I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October."
-Charmaine J. Forde.
46. "Saturday night is your big night. Everybody used to fry up fish and have one hell of a time."
47. "'Cause Saturday night's the night I like
Saturday night's alright, alright, alright, ooh"
-Elton John, 'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting'.
48. "Today is Saturday, which means that today I will be multi-slacking instead of multi-tasking."
49. "It’s Saturday. I plan on doing nothing and plenty of it."
Saturday Quotes For Fun
These are good Saturday morning quotes or Saturday work quotes for the one who wants to work or just have have fun in their own ways and make their weekends productive.
50. "There are just two kinds of girls. Those who go downtown Saturday nights, and those who don’t."
51. "I didn’t grow up thinking of movies as film, or art, but as movies, something to do on a Saturday afternoon."
52. "To me, it always seemed as though Saturday night was the down-home night."
53. "Different cocktails for different Saturday nights."
54. "Dance in the kitchen 'til the mornin' light
Louisiana Saturday night."
-Mel McDaniel, 'Louisiana Saturday Night'.
55. "I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks."
56. "It's been a long time...
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Alexander O’Neal, 'Saturday Love'.
57. "If you see me on Friday, you'll see different material on Saturday night."
58. "My folks always let me go to the movies every Saturday. We were really motion-picture goers."
59. "I love Saturday nights with my best friend and a big bowl of pasta, wanting a good scare, something that will say, ‘Listen, your life is not as bad as this. Your life can be so much worse’."
60. "Sunday would be lost without Saturday, and I would be lost without you."
-Anthony T. Hincks.
61. "Margaritas in the moonlight
Just another American Saturday night."
-Brad Paisley, 'American Saturday Night'.
62. "It was four o’clock of a stickily wet Saturday."
63. "Saturday is still the busiest shopping day of the week."
64. "There is nothing more I love more than being in a throw-down on a Saturday night."
Motivational Saturday Quotes
These are Saturday inspirational quotes for people to get inspired and motivated for the coming week to work hard and get up before the alarm clock.
65. "Saturday night is perfect for writers because other people have plans."
66. "I told myself that I was going to live the rest of my life as if it were Saturday."
67. "My work is like my vacation, so in a way every day is like Saturday."
68. "If you had to work 14-hour days, Mondays to Fridays, then you have to keep Saturdays and Sundays sacred."
-Nicole Ari Parker.
69. "Work hard in silence, let your success be the noise."
70. "We're gonna howl at the moon, shoot out the light
It's a small town Saturday night"
- Hal Ketchum, 'Small Town Saturday Night'.
71. "This Saturday, we gon' party all night...
This Saturday, we gon' do it bigger than, we ever had before..."
-Rebecca Black, 'Saturday'.
72. "Gonna keep on dancing
To the rock and roll
On Saturday night, Saturday night"
-Bay City Rollers, 'Saturday Night'.
73. "Your Monday is not going to be like Saturday; the emotions are going to be different."
74. "I always wake up early Saturday morning, and I have a little bit more time."
75. "It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
the regular crowd shuffles in."
-Billy Joel, 'Piano Man'.
76. "The grind includes Saturday and Sunday."
77. "Saturday in the park
I think it was the Fourth of July."
- Chicago, 'Saturday In The Park'.
78. "It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
and the manager gives me a smile
'cause he knows that it's me they've been coming to see
to forget about life for a while"
-Billy Joel, 'Piano Man'.
79. "I would work Monday through Saturday noon. I’d go to town on Saturday afternoons, sit on the street corner, and I’d sing and play."
-B. B. King.
80. "Come Saturday morning
I'm goin' away with my friend
We'll Saturday-spend till the end of the day..."
-The Sandpipers, 'Come Saturday Morning'.
Saturday Quotes From Movies, Songs, Books, And Poems
These are our favorite quotes about Saturday from our favorite movies, songs, books, and poems for you to relate to life and embrace your weekend.
81. "Saturday morning was come, and all the summer world was bright and fresh, and brimming with life."
82. "Saturday night's alright for fighting
Get a little action in"
83. "You work all week long,
You work your fingers to the bone
Friday's at an end,
I can't wait for Saturday to begin!"
-Oliver Cheatham, 'Get Down Saturday Night'.
84. "You say today is Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"
-Shel Silverstein, 'Sick'.
85. "Hey, man I'm alive I'm takin' each day and night at a time
I'm feelin' like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night..."
- Bon Jovi, 'Someday I'll Be Saturday Night'.
86. "But I'm looking for a way to get myself to Saturday
Looking for a way to get myself to Saturday"
-Michael Franti, 'Get Myself To Saturday'.
87. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up his end on Saturday."
-Fred Weasley, 'Harry Potter And The Order Of Phoenix'.
88. "Great, fine. More for me, I got enough for the whole weekend."
-Stan, '17 Again'.
89. "Saturday night, dance, I like the way you move..."
-Whigfield, 'Saturday Night'.
90. "Here's to the kids who hum "A Little Less 16 Candles, A Little More Touch Me" when they're stuck home, dateless, on a Saturday night."
-Pete Wentz, 'Here's To The Kids'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Saturday quotes then why not take a look at Sunday morning quotes, or weekend quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.