Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
What started in America in the 1980s as grunge or alternative rock music and subculture, spread beyond just music and became a way of life.
The raucous sound of the guitar, the darker lyrics, sluggish vocals, marked an edgier style than any other known music of those days. Neon lights, shabby appearance, black and dark colors, and sad themes were embraced by those who admired grunge.
People often relate a mix of punk rock and heavy metal to grunge. These grunge quotes offer an insight into what different feel about the music genre. Grunge is not just music anymore, anything that’s shabby, including backgrounds, textures, clothing, to craft projects is termed grunge…and it’s in vogue!
Looking for cool Nirvana quotes or Kurt Cobain quotes? We have a collection of deep grunge quotes, happy grunge quotes, grunge aesthetic quotes, kawaii grunge quotes, teenage grunge quotes, grunge quotes from history, and lots more for you.
Grunge Quotes About Music That Are Cool
Trends change by the day. But the grunge music which gave rise to a whole new world of grunge style is still trend-of-the-day! These cool grunge quotes will help you remember the good old grunge days! Read on for punk grunge quotes Tumblr.
1. "People act like Nirvana invented grunge; they just took it and personified it."
- Billy Corgan.
2. "Link Wray...He was the beginning of Grunge, way before anybody you know."
3. "What people don't realize is that the so-called Seattle grunge scene grew out of several close-knit gourmet supper clubs…"
4. "Grunge, man, that was incredible. It was dangerous…Songs could be short, long, a lark, majestic. You were constantly being surprised."
- Martin Popoff.
5. "Grunge, like Nirvana and all that. Heavy metal, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Guns and Roses, drum and bass. But the energy in that music, I love it."
- Dizzee Rascal.
6. "We had a wonderful time with this kind of grunge awareness, where suddenly rock was cool again. People wanted to head loud guitars..."
- Billy Corgan.
Grunge Quotes From Musicians
Did you ever want to know what musicians think about grunge? These grunge quotes are not just from any people but guitarists, composers, singers, they are all connected to music. Make your day and take a look!
7. "I absolutely think the Seattle grunge sound was instrumental to my music education."
- David Cook.
8. "I never really followed grunge."
- Robert Quine.
9. "What was interesting about grunge was that it was this death sentence to the rock that had preceded it, which was hair metal."
- Mike D.
10. "Some of my early musical memories are attached to grunge."
11. "Heart weren't part of a movement like grunge; we were our own kind of movement."
- Nancy Wilson.
12. "I wanted to kill Auto-Tune like Kurt Cobain killed the hair bands."
13. "There's not a word that describes us. We’re not alternative, metal or grunge - we’re not any of that. We’re just what we are."
- Jerry Cantrell
14. "The word ‘grunge’ became a household term, and fashion runways were filled with flannel shirts and long underwear."
- Dave Grohl.
15. "When you're in a band - before it got to grunge - you dressed the bit. So yeah, I've always had an attitude with the clothes."
- Ringo Starr.
Soft Grunge Quotes With Deep Meaning
Grunge is so much about the pain and the harsh realities of life. Simple words sometimes have deep meaning hidden inside. These grunge quotes do too!
16. "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
- Bob Marley.
17. "Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art."
18. "I absolutely think the Seattle grunge sound was instrumental to my music education."
- David Cook.
19. "People who don’t feel pain anymore are the most damaged."
- Juansen Dizon.
20. "For a girl with such a dark mind, you're a little too in love with the sunrise."
― Sherry Namdeo.
21. "That was 1993 grunge in suburbia. This was 2003 hell in Harlem."
― Eve Kagan.
22. "Yes, I would say my comedy is grunge, evidenced by the fact my jokes have put an end to big-hair glam comedy."
- Joel McHale.
23. "I have a lot of looks but right now I'm really into grunge. Messy hair, black heels. I get Michelle Pfeiffer with it."
-Chloe Grace Moretz.
24. "We have no right to express an opinion until we know all of the answers."
– Kurt Cobain.
Short Grunge Quotes For Captions
Add some grunge to your day and your Instagram feed with these short and fiery grunge quotes. Choose any one of these awesome grunge quotes for Instagram captions!
25. "Grunge is a hippied romantic version of punk."
- Marc Jacobs.
26. "I'm sorry...I just don't know what's wrong with me.."
27. "The world is a pile of grunge."
- Jo Stafford.
28. "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are."
– Kurt Cobain.
29. "I’m the mold that grunge was grown in."
- Townes Van Zandt.
30. "I don't know much about that whole grunge thing."
- Todd Snider.
31. "Punk came along and grunge made guitar solos uncool."
- David Pajo.
32. "Every day my style changes with my mood. Some days I'll feel a little more grunge… in the summer I like to feel girly and wear dresses."
- Julianne Hough.
33. "Maybe people are finally tiring of watered down grunge rock on the radio."
34. "Devour life without chewing, and pray that you don't choke."
— Aurora Rose Reynolds.
35. "Just keep moving forward…Do what you have to do, for you."
— Johnny Depp.
36. "We’re so trendy we can’t even escape ourselves."
- Kurt Cobain.
37. "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
38. "I'm like pixie grunge. The perfect blend of sugar and spice."
- Rico Nasty.
39. "The darker the night, the brighter the stars."
– Fyodor Dostoevsky.
40. “If you can’t beat ‘em or join ‘em, just be yourself.”
― Kevin Craft.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for these grunge quotes perfect for captions from music and subculture, then why not take a look at Kant quotes, or Juno quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.