Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Siblings are the brother and sister we have, be it with or without a blood relation.
Siblings might be people who we are related to by blood and we grow up with. They also might be people we grow close to as friends, so much so that they become an integral part of our life.
Siblings' love basically represents the bond between the siblings. There's a unique love-hate relationship when it comes to siblings. As we grow older together with our siblings, the bond gets stronger. Siblings are the people that stick beside us through thick and thin. Read up on these sibling quotes and enjoy.
Best Sibling Love Quotes
Here we have a few sibling love quotes and sayings about siblings that will be perfect for your brother and sister.
1. "Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together."
- Sam Levenson.
2. "Our siblings are the only people in the world who know what it's like to have been brought up the way you were."
- Betsy Cohen.
3. "I think people that have a brother or sister don't realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there's always somebody there."
- Trey Parker.
4. "Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk."
- Susan Scarf Merrell.
5. "Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form."
- Jeffrey Kluger.
6. "As siblings we were inextricably bound, even though our connections were loose and frayed. And each time we met, we discovered to our surprise and dismay how quickly the intensity of childhood feelings reappeared - No matter how old we got or how oft."
- Jane Mersky Leder.
7. "Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way."
- Pamela Dugdale.
8. "I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family, one that has its own laws, myths, language, humor, its own loyalties and treacheries."
- Jandy Nelson.
9. "Siblings - the definition that comprises love, strife, competition and forever friends."
- Byron Pulsifer.
10. "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet."
- Vietnamese Proverb.
11. "They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood."
- Karen White.
12. "A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future."
- John Corey Whaley.
13. "I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at."
- Maya Angelou.
14. "Sibling relationships outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust."
- Erica E. Goode.
15. "A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self."
- Marian Sandmaier.
Below are a few sister quotes from their brother or sister that will melt your heart.
16. "You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you."
- George R.R. Martin.
17. "Lay her i' th' earth,
And from her fair and unpolluted flesh
May violets spring! I tell thee, churlish priest,
A ministering angel shall my sister be
When thou liest howling."
- Laertes, 'Hamlet', Act V, Scene I.
18. "A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life."
- Deborah Tannen.
19. "Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow."
- Benjamin Disraeli.
20. "I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.
- Kahlil Gibran.
21. "No life's worth more than any other, no sister worth less than any brother."
- Michael Franti.
22. "Sisters make the best friends in the world."
- Marilyn Monroe.
23. "Farewell, my dearest sister, fare thee well.
The elements be kind to thee and make
Thy spirits all of comfort! Fare thee well."
- Caesar, 'Antony and Cleopatra', Act III, Scene II.
24. "My first job is big sister and I take that very seriously."
- Venus Williams.
25. "A sister is both your mirror - and your opposite."
- Elizabeth Fishel.
25. "Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life."
- Charles M. Schulz.
26. "Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship."
- Margaret Mead.
27. "For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands."
- Christina Rossetti, 'Goblin Market'.
28. "I always went to my sister, because she was older and had the care of me after my mother died."
- Lizzie Borden.
29. "Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister."
- Alice Walker.
30. "A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."
- Toni Morrison.
These are some quotes like Bible quotes about siblings about brothers from their brothers and sisters.
31. "Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue."
- Byron Pulsifer.
32. "The men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother."
- Charles Dickens.
33. "We came into the world like brother and brother,
And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another."
- Dromio of Ephesus, 'The Comedy Of Errors', Act V, Scene I.
34. "If therefore you are offering your gift at the altar, and
there remember that your brother has anything against you,
leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First
be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."
- Matthew 5:23 - 24.
35. "I had a simple goal in life: to be true to my parents and our country as an honorable son, a caring brother, and a good citizen."
- Benigno Aquino III.
36. "There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother... Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too."
- Anna Quindlen.
37. "Say to Joseph, 'Please forgive the transgression of your brothers and their sin, because they did evil to you.' And now, please forgive the transgression of the servants of the God of your father."
- Genesis 50:17.
38. "Never make a companion equal to a brother."
39. "Half the time when brothers wrestle, it's just an excuse to hug each other."
- James Patterson.
40. "Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' you must forgive him."
- Luke 17:3 - 4.
41. "It takes two men to make one brother."
- Israel Zangwill.
42. "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero!"
- Marc Brown.
43. "No, by my soul. I never in my life
Did hear a challenge urged more modestly,
Unless a brother should a brother dare
To gentle exercise and proof of arms."
- Vernon, 'Henry IV', Part One, Act V, Scene II.
44. "There is no success you can celebrate more than the success of a brother."
- Diego Luna.
45. "When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life."
Siblings Quotes And Sayings
Since these funny quotes about siblings are from cards the source is unknown but we think they're great and you can even use them as a caption for a sibling picture or for sibling day. If you know where they're from please let us know.
46. "Siblings: A combination of a best friend and a pain in the neck, they might be the most annoying people around you but you still love them endlessly."
47. "I didn't always recognize you for the good friend that you were when we were growing up, but I see you not only as my sibling, but my best friend now."
48. "Brothers and sisters are each other's superheroes with super-healing powers; consider yourself lucky to have them."
49. "Nothing can replace your sibling, but fond memories can cut through the darkness like rays of sunshine. May the warmth of those rays warm your soul."
50. "The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other."
51. "Families are like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about siblings then why not take a look at funny family quotes, or family tree quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.