Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Snarky is a term used to describe anything critical said in a sarcastic way or mocking manner.
Sarcastic quotes and sayings can often be interpreted as rudeness, although they are often intended to be funny. Being funny can be someone's natural tendency or even a coping mechanism.
Snarky, sarcastic quotes highlight the humor behind these quotes and sayings. These witty sentences, including snarky Christmas quotes will make you laugh out loud and provide some funny relief for the whole family.
We believe that sarcastic quotes like these, which you will read aloud, need an audience, just like any other art form. Yes, being witty with quotes is nothing less than an art form. A group of people who resonate with your views will find the humor in the jokes and respond accordingly. For many people being funny is the way they deal with life and keep their spirits uplifted, and these snarky quotes are a great way to spread some funniess to your friends and family! We hope you enjoy this list of snarky quotes and funny sayings.
If you like this article about snarky quotes, you may also want to check out these sarcastic quotes and [sarcastic inspirational quotes] for more.
The Best Snarky Quotes
Here are some of the best snarky quotes about how fabulous you are! The tone of these quotes is all about how amazing and wonderful you, the speaker, are, so be sure to share them with your nearest and dearest. These quotes will make you gleam with humor and wit.
1. "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
– Albert Einstein.
2. "Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take advantage of them."
– Walter Kerr.
3. "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out."
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
4. "It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others."
- Ashleigh Brilliant.
5. "I never knew what real happiness was until I got married. And by then, it was too late."
- Max Kauffmann.
6. "What we feel and think and are is to a great extent determined by the state of our ductless glands and viscera."
– Aldous Huxley.
7. "At every party, there are two kinds of people – those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other."
– Ann Landers.
8. "Age is of no importance unless you're a cheese."
- Billie Burke.
9. "Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence."
- Ashleigh Brilliant.
10. "It's amazing how you can have to worst day ever, but still laugh at yourself when you push a door that says pull."
Funny Snarky Quotes
Here are some funny quotes. These funny and snarky quotes will make you chuckle and have a great laugh.
11. "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called everybody, and they meet at the bar."
- Drew Carey.
12. "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit! Yet it remains the funniest."
– Oscar Wilde.
13. "I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
- Les Dawson.
14. "There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage."
- James Holt McGavran.
15. "In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep."
– Albert Einstein.
16. "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."
– Steven Wright.
17. "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?… He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"
— Billy Connolly.
18. "The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he's a baby."
- Natalie Wood.
19. "We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops."
- Henny Youngman.
20. "There's no secret about success. Did you ever know a successful man who didn't tell you about it?"
- Kin Hubbard.
21. "If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?"
- Jerry Seinfeld.
22. "Marriage is the chief cause of divorce."
- Groucho Marx.
23. "I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability."
- Oscar Wilde.
24. "Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?"
- Robin Williams.
25. "I'll probably never fully become what I wanted to be when I grew up, but that's probably because I wanted to be a ninja princess."
- Cassandra Duffy.
Snarky Inspirational Quotes
Here are some of the more inspirational quotes in the sarcastic genre. Yes, it is possible. These quotes will motivate you but with a hint of twist. If you read on the surface they are funny, and if you look closely they are sufficient to motivate you too.
26. "Sarcasm helps me overcome the harshness of the reality we live, eases the pain of scars and makes people smile."
– Mahmoud Darwish.
27. "If you must make a noise, make it quietly."
- Oliver Hardy.
28. "An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true."
– Robert Oppenheimer.
29. "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. "
- Steven Wright.
30. "Trying is the first step toward failure."
- Homer Simpson.
31. "By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day."
- Robert Frost.
32. "When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them."
- Rodney Dangerfield.
33. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Edison.
34. "I am in full possession of the amazing power of being sarcastic."
- Sarah Rees Brennan.
35. "The best way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30 percent of their ice cream."
- Bill Murray.
36. "Even a stopped clock is right twice every day. After some years, it can boast of a long series of successes."
- Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach.
37. "It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance."
- Thomas Sowell.
38. "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces."
- Will Rogers.
39. "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra.
40. "Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha."
- Robert Brault.
41. "The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs, one step at a time."
- Joe Girard.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for snarky quotes then why not take a look at these [satire quotes], or [sarcastic love quotes] for more funny quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.