Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Heartfelt quotes are not just for lovers.
A heartfelt quote is something you can share with any loved one. It could be a friend, your neighbor, your sibling, parents, or anyone from the family.
Heartfelt quotes and sayings are full of love and warmth. If you want to make someone feel loved, there is no better way to do so than sending across a sincere message of how much you care. Whether it is love, life, or friendship, there is nothing that heartfelt quotes don't celebrate! If you're looking for some really good words to express affection, here you'll find the most inspirational and famous heartfelt quotes. You can also find funny heartfelt quotes here that touch your heart with kind words and love.
The Best Heartfelt Quotes
Here are some of the most heartfelt quotes that are powerful too!
1. "Life is full of beauty. Notice it."
- Ashley Smith.
2. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
- Dalai Lama.
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
4. "Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of the earth, overlying our hard hearts."
- Charles Dickens.
5. "The most essential thing in life is to establish an unafraid, heartfelt communication with others."
- Sogyal Rinpoche.
6. "Courage is the measure of our heartfelt participation with life, with another, with a community, a work, a future."
- David Whyte.
7. "Grace is heartfelt, tinged with love, a spillover gift of the God who extended undeserved favor toward us."
- Philip Yancey.
8. "It is in the love of one's family only that heartfelt happiness is known."
- Thomas Jefferson.
9. "Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness."
10. "True beauty is a warm heart, a kind soul, and an attentive ear."
- Ken Poirot.
11. "Whoever is happy will make others happy too."
- Anne Frank.
12. “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.”
- Basil Rathbone.
Inspirational And Heartfelt Quotes About Friendship
Here you'll get some beautiful and deep heartfelt quotes on friendship.
13. "A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."
- Douglas Pagels.
14. "Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend."
- Bill Waterson.
15. "If you have one true friend you have more than your share."
- Thomas Fuller.
16. "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."
- Khalil Gibran.
17. "Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
18. "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them…your smile, your hope, and your courage."
- Doe Zantamata.
19. “Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation.”
- Tennessee Williams.
20. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
21. "I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy."
- Charles R. Swindoll.
22. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
- Marcel Proust.
23. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'”
- C. S. Lewis.
24. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled.”
- Ally Condie.
25. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
- Walter Winchell.
26. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
- Anaïs Nin.
27. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”
- Elisabeth Foley.
Heartfelt Quotes About Family
These inspirational quotes about family are one of a kind.
28. “The memories we make with our family is everything.”
- Candace Cameron Bure.
29. "There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human, are created, strengthened and maintained."
- Winston Churchill.
30. "The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst."
- Marge Kennedy.
31. "So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty."
- Haniel Long.
32. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.”
- Anthony Brandt.
33. "What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
- Mother Teresa.
34. "To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."
- Barbara Bush.
35. "I sustain myself with the love of family."
- Maya Angelou.
36. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.”
- Irina Shayk.
Heartfelt Quotes About Life
These powerful life quotes will tell you to live life to the fullest, no matter what.
37. "Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact."
- William James.
38. "Laugh. Choose with no regret. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is."
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
39. "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."
- Benjamin Franklin.
40. "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."
- Marcus Aurelius.
41. "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."
- Greg Anderson.
42. "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
- Omar Khayyam.
43. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
- Lao Tzu.
44. "Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley.
45. "Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever."
- Peter Hagerty.
46. "Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments."
- Rose Kennedy.
47. "Every day is not a success. Every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good."
- Reese Witherspoon.
48. "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get."
- Forrest Gump, 'Forrest Gump,' 1994.
49. "Don't give it five minutes if you're not going to give it five years."
- Meghan Markle.
50. "Difficult and meaningful will always bring more satisfaction than easy and meaningless."
- Maxime Lagacé.
51. "Lead from the heart, not the head."
- Princess Diana.
52. "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
- Soren Kierkegaard.
53. "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line."
- Lucille Ball.
54. "Three things in life – your health, your mission, and the people you love. That’s it."
- Naval Ravikant.
Deep Quotes About Love
Read these heartfelt love quotes and love with all your heart!
55. "Every day I’m convinced that I can’t possibly love you more… and every day I’m proven wrong."
- Steve Maraboli.
56. “Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.”
- A. A. Milne.
57. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.”
- J. R. R. Tolkien.
58. “We are born of love; Love is our mother.”
59. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
60. “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.”
- Roger de Bussy-Rabutin.
61. "You feel more like home to me than any place I've ever been."
- Angela N. Blount.
62. “The sweetest of all sounds is that of the voice of the woman we love.”
- Jean de la Bruyere.
63. "There are not enough days in forever to allow me to fully express the depth of my love for you."
- Steve Maraboli.
64. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
65. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.”
- Emily Dickinson.
66. "No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star."
- Diana Peterfreund.
67. “My heart is and always will be yours.”
- Jane Austen.
68. “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.”
- Rosemonde Gerard.
69. “Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.”
- Eleanor Di Guillo.
70. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
- Herman Hesse.
Heartfelt Quotes For Mothers
Celebrate motherhood with these short heartfelt quotes. These are some short and powerful quotes with the first ones being the most beautiful one for mothers.
71. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”
- Maya Angelou.
72. "Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all."
73. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”
- James E. Faust.
74. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”
- Barbara Kingsolver.
75. "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children."
- William Thackeray.
76. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
77. “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.”
- Jodi Picoult.
78. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.”
- Princess Diana.
79. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.”
- Susan Gale.
80. “I love my mother as trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.”
- Terry Guillemets.
81. “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.”
- Leroy Brownlow.
82. "A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."
- Cardinal Mermillod.
83. “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.”
- Charley Benetto.
84. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.”
- Erich Fromm.
Heartfelt Quotes For Dad
Here are some heartfelt sayings for all the fathers out there!
85. “It was my father who taught me to value myself.”
- Dawn French.
86. "I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father's equal, and I never loved any other man as much."
- Hedy Lamarr.
87. “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.”
- Hugh Jackman.
88. "I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week."
- Mario Cuomo.
89. “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug.”
- Agatha Stephanie Lin.
90. "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape."
- Dave Attell.
91. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.”
- Marinela Reka.
92. "She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father."
- Harper Lee.
93. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.”
- John Sinor.
Heartfelt Quotes About Children
These hearty quotes are for the adorable tiny tots!
94. “The soul is healed by being with children.”
- Fyodor Dostoevsky.
95. "There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million."
- Walt Streightiff.
96. “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.”
- Henry Ward Beecher.
97. "Pretty much all the honest truth telling there is in the world is done by children."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
98. “A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice, but as yet unstained.”
- Lyman Abbott.
99. "Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children."
- Princess Diana.
100. “Every child you encounter is a divine appointment.”
- Wess Stafford.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for heartfelt quotes then why not take a look at you are worth it quotes, or you have my heart quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.