Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Image © People images, under a creative commons license.
1) Knock Knock?
Hurry! Cane you jog away from the storm?
2) Knock Knock
Butter get an umbrella, it looks like it's going to rain!
3) Knock Knock
Accordion to the forecast, it's going to rain tonight.
© PD Pics under a creative commons license.
4) What is a wet bear called? A drizzly bear.
5) Are bees able to fly in the rain? Not without their yellow jackets.
6) What's worse than it raining cats and dogs? Hailing taxis.
7) What do you call it when it's raining ducks and geese? Fowl weather.
8) What is known as the world's wettest animal? Rain-deer.
9) Why do you need to be careful when it's raining cats and dogs outside? Because you might step in a poodle!
10) Why do you never see owls being affectionate in the rain? It's too wet to woo.
11) Why do you see cows lying down in the rain? To keep each udder dry.
12) What does Santa often say to Mrs. Claus? Come and look at the rain-dear.
13) What type of pants do rain clouds wear? Thunderwear.
14) What was one raindrop overheard saying to another? Two's a company, three's a cloud.
15) A man once said when is Monday coming? His wife said Mon-soon.
16) What did an evaporating raindrop say? Oh no, I'm going to pieces.
17) What do you call the Queen's favorite type of precipitation? Reign.
18) What is a type of bow that can't be tied? A rain-bow.
19) When is it raining money? Whenever there's 'change' in the weather.
21) The weather was forecast to rain for three months, but I drought it.
22) I'm saving for a rainy day, so far I've collected a couple of raincoats, an anorak, and a dinghy.
23) A man went to the gym today and met up with his new personal rainer.
24) Yesterday's weather forecast predicted freezing rain, but it turned out to be quite an ice day.
25) A king sat down to speak to his son and said, you were born to reign.
26) Old people, they're always moaning about their aches and rains (pains).
27) One evening a Viking called Rudolf the Red stood looking out the window and said, "It's going to rain." His wife asked him "how do you know that?". He replied, "Rudolf the red knows rain dear".
© Victoria Borodinova under a creative commons license.
28) What falls all the time and never gets hurt? Rain.
29) How does one raindrop ask another out? Water you doing tonight?
30) A pilot did his flying exam just after a storm and flew right through a rain-bow.
31) What do books wear on a wet and rainy day? Rain quotes.
32) 4 types of weather were having a race. Sunny won gold, cloudy got silver, snowy picked up a bronze, and rainy won a precipitation award.
33) What's all wet and likes to shake? It's an earthquake on a rainy day.
34) What did the baby cloud say to its mum when it rained? Sorry, mum, I couldn't hold it any longer.
35) What always goes up whenever the rain comes down? An umbrella.
36) What's the difference between a horse and the weather? One rains down, the other is reined up.
37) It never rains, but it purrs.
38) In this life, nothing ventured, nothing rained.
39) Raindrop jokes? They are rain sailing.
40) Bear with me, I've just had a rain-wave.
41) A cold drink with dinner, it's a no rainer.
42) Let's take a trip down memory rain.
43) A storm is coming, best get ready for the rain event.
44) I'm not sure if I just got hit by freezing rain, but it hurt like hail.
45) Sorry for raining on your parade, I really thought it'd be snow problem.
46) Why did iron man sleep outside when it rained? To get some rust.
47) How could the skeleton tell that rain was coming? He could feel it in his bones.
48) What do you call a dinosaur that's got wet? A driplodocus.
49) What goes hiss, swish, hiss swish every time it rains? A windscreen viper.
50) What is the difference between a wet day and a lion with a toothache? A wet day is pouring with rain, the other is roaring with pain.
51) What do you call dangerous precipitation? It's a rain of terror.
52) What do you get if you come fourth in the National Weatherman Awards? A precipitation trophy.
53) How do snowflakes get marked at school? On-class precipitation.
54) Why did the man take ketchup out with him when it rained? Because it was raining cats and hot dogs.
55) What happens before it rains candy? It sprinkles.
56) What’s all wet and likes to shake?
An earthquake on a rainy day.
57) What’s worse than raining buckets? Hailing taxis!
58) What is a king’s favorite kind of precipitation? Hail!
59) What do you call it when it rains ducks and geese? Foul (fowl) weather.
60) Where do lightning bolts go on dates? Cloud nine.
61) When is Monday coming? MonSoon!
62) What do books wear on a wet and rainy day? Rain quotes.
63) What always goes up whenever the rain comes down? An umbrella.
64) What often falls but never gets hurt? Rain.
65) What does it do before it rains candy? It sprinkles!
66) The only way bees can fly right through the rain is when they have their yellow jackets on.
67) If it really rained cats and dogs, there would be poodles all over the streets.
68) We all went out trying to catch fog, but we mist.
69) Local weather reports state there won’t be any rain for 1 year, but I drought it.
70) Why shouldn’t you fight with a rain cloud?
If you do, he’ll storm out on you.
71) Rain clouds wear what type of pants? Thunderwear.
72) Hailing taxes is far much worse than raining buckets.
73) What did you find in all that rain during your vacation?
Well, we just went outside, and there it was.
74) It only rains twice a year in Seattle: August through April and May through July.
75) The winds of change started raining silver, copper, and gold coins.
You might also like
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.