Recent searches (0)
FOR ALL AGES
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Have you ever found yourself dreaming of a magical kingdom where fairy tales come alive? Nestled in the heart of Los Angeles, California, is a place where dreams are born, known as Disneyland. For over six and a half decades, these wondrous theme parks have been creating smiles on the faces of children and adults alike, from every corner of the globe. There's nothing quite like the thrill of the rides, the sheer awe of seeing the famous Sleeping Beauty castle up close, or the delight of an unexpected hello from one of the cheerful characters of the Disney franchise. It's the ultimate fantasy land, a place etched in the hearts and dreams of every child and family.
So, whether you're a Disneyland die-hard who's been there since the very beginning or you're just a fan of the magic, there is something special in store for you! Buckle up and prepare to dive into the whimsical world of Disneyland theme parks like never before. Here's a trivia challenge teeming with facts that will make your head spin faster than the Mad Tea Party rides! Gather your family, challenge your friends, and let's take a stroll down memory lane. This Disneyland trivia is just the ticket to recall or learn about the different attractions at Disneyland theme parks.
Ever wondered about the story behind Walt Disney's brainchild, the magical Disneyland? He aspired to create a place where creativity meets fun, and thus, Disneyland was established! Unravel the delightful secrets of this magical kingdom, from its enchanting construction tales to astonishing rides and attractions. Here's your golden ticket to a trivia quiz that promises to be as exciting as a Disneyland ride!
1. Question: What is the theme song played at The Haunted Mansion attraction?
Answer: 'Grim Grinning Ghosts'.
2. Question: Which ride in Tomorrowland did the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage replace?
Answer: Submarine Voyage.
3. Question: Which currency did Disneyland introduce as a new way for guests to spend their money in 1987?
Answer: Disney Dollars.
4. Question: Which ride in Fantasyland is based on the Disney film 'Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs'?
Answer: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
5. Question: Where is Club 33 located in Disneyland Park, Anaheim, California?
Answer: New Orleans Square.
6. Question: When was Club 33 first opened?
Answer: June 15, 1967.
7. Question: In which year did Disney California Adventure Park open?
8. Question: Who voiced Madame Leota in The Haunted Mansion?
Answer: Eleanor Audley.
9. Question: Which ride in Tomorrowland was in use from 1961 to 1966?
Answer: Flying Saucers.
10. Question: Which monster lives in the Matterhorn Bobsleds ride?
Answer: Abominable Snowman.
11. Question: How many years did it take to build the first Disneyland?
Answer: One year.
12. Question: Which phone company sponsored the construction of the Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland for seven years?
13. Question: Which Disneyland attraction is home to 999 ghosts?
Answer: The Haunted Mansion.
14. Question: Which Disneyland attraction was formerly known as the Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad?
Answer: Disneyland Railroad.
15. Question: Which attraction in Disneyland features a pirate ship?
Answer: Pirates Of The Caribbean.
16. Question: In which ride will you hear the song with the lyrics, 'Aye, but we’re loved by our mommies and dads'?
Answer: Pirates Of The Caribbean.
17. Question: What is the name of the vehicles found in The Haunted Mansion?
Answer: Doom Buggies.
18. Question: Which restaurant is inside the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride?
Answer: Blue Bayou.
19. Question: Which ride in Disney California Adventure Park is based on the Toy Story movies?
Answer: Toy Story Midway Mania.
20. Question: Which attraction in Frontierland is based on the movie 'Haunted Mansion'?
Answer: Phantom Manor.
21. Question: What is the name of the character in the Disneyland show Fantasmic!?
Answer: Mickey Mouse.
22. Question: Where is King Arthur Carousel found at Disneyland?
23. Question: Which Disney character’s face was made with flowers at the front entrance of Disneyland when it first opened on July 17, 1955?
Answer: Mickey Mouse.
24. Question: Which area features attractions such as Luigi’s Flying Tires and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree?
Answer: Cars Land.
25. Question: Which nighttime show in Disneyland first opened on May 13, 1992?
26. Question: Where is Peter Pan’s Flight located at Disneyland?
27. Question: Which attraction at Disneyland opened on July 2, 1967?
Answer: The Carousel Of Progress.
28. Question: Who is the composer of the song ‘Grim Grinning Ghosts’ that plays throughout the Haunted Mansion?
Answer: Buddy Baker.
29. Question: What does Sally hold in the hallway of portraits in the Haunted Mansion?
Answer: A Christmas tree.
30. Question: In which year did the attraction Matterhorn Bobsleds open?
31. Question: Which attraction features a 50 ft (15.2 m) drop into the Briar Patch?
Answer: Splash Mountain.
32. Question: Where is the shop, Emporium, located in Disneyland?
Answer: Main Street, USA.
33. Question: When did Disneyland Monorail first begin its operation?
34. Question: When was the first Disneyland Hotel opened?
Answer: October 5, 1955.
35. Question: Which themed land, formerly known as Sunshine Plaza in Disneyland, is designed to represent Los Angeles?
Answer: Buena Vista Street.
Are you up for a magical expedition into the heart of Disneyland? This trivia is packed with hard questions that only the most devoted Disney aficionados can ace. Prepare to unearth hidden treasures and fun facts that'll reveal just how much of a Disneyland whiz you truly are. So, are you ready to test yourself and embark on this fun-filled quest? Let's see if your Disneyland expertise is enough to tackle this quiz!
36. Question: Which mountain resort project was to be built in Northern California under the direction of Walt Disney?
Answer: Disney's Mineral King Ski Resort.
37. Question: How many hand-painted prancing horses will you find in King Arthur's Carousel?
38. Question: Which ride started during the renovation of Tomorrowland in 1998 and closed in 2000?
Answer: Rocket Rods.
39. Question: Which animator first came up with the concept of The Haunted Mansion?
Answer: Ken Anderson.
40. Question: Which Disneyland show featured an audio-animatronic cast of animals singing America's classic songs?
Answer: 'America Sings'.
41. Question: Where did Walt Disney live when he visited Disneyland?
Answer: Above the Town Square firehouse.
42. Question: What is the ratio of the size of the Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, United States, to the one in Switzerland?
43. Question: For how long was Pack Mules Through Nature's Wonderland at Disneyland functional?
44. Question: Who sketched the first concept art for Walt Disney's idea of Disneyland?
Answer: Herb Ryman.
45. Question: What was the construction cost of Disneyland in 1955?
Answer: $17 million.
46. Question: Which is the only ride in Tomorrowland being operated since 1955?
47. Question: What is the name of the intertwining steel roller coaster ride at Disneyland?
Answer: Matterhorn Bobsleds.
48. Question: Which Disneyland attraction had a custom theater in Tomorrowland in 1986?
Answer: Captain EO.
49. Question: Which theater in Disney California Adventure Park is a replica of the original Carthay Circle, where Walt Disney's first full-length animated feature, 'Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs', premiered in 1937?
Answer: Carthay Circle Theatre.
50. Question: What is the name of the themed area that opened at Disney California Adventure Park in 2021, dedicated to Marvel superheroes?
Answer: Avengers Campus.
51. Question: What is the name of the iconic Star Wars spaceship that guests can pilot in the Galaxy's Edge area?
Answer: Millennium Falcon.
Ready for the final quiz to test your knowledge of these famous theme parks? We've packed a suitcase full of fun facts and quiz questions that will turn you into a Disneyland whizz in no time. With every twist and turn, you'll learn amazing secrets about Disney parks. This is your last chance to get a high score in this trivia challenge.
52. Question: When was Disneyland's first opening?
Answer: July 17, 1955.
53. Question: Which ride is also known as 'the wildest ride in the wilderness'?
Answer: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
54. Question: Which roller coaster ride goes around and through a mountain in Fantasyland?
Answer: Matterhorn Bobsleds.
55. Question: Which attraction in Disneyland was first named Disneyland Alweg Monorail System?
Answer: Disneyland Monorail.
56. Question: Which attraction was previously named Goofy's Bounce House?
Answer: Goofy's Playhouse.
57. Question: What are the names of the two ships found in the Rivers Of America?
Answer: The Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain Riverboat.
58. Question: In which area is Star Tours located?
59. Question: Where is the film attraction, Walt Disney Story, located in Disneyland?
Answer: Main Street, USA.
60. Question: What is the name of the roller coaster ride with a Mickey Mouse head?
Answer: California Screamin'.
61. Question: What is the name of the Star Wars-themed area in Disneyland Park?
Answer: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
62. Question: What are the names of the three hitchhiking ghosts in Disneyland?
Answer: Ezra, Phineas, and Gus.
63. Question: At the 30th anniversary of Disneyland, what was the big prize decided for visitor number three million?
Answer: A Cadillac DeVille sedan.
64. Question: Which Disneyland attraction was added in June 1972?
Answer: Main Street Electrical Parade.
65. Question: Who plays the host of all the Country Bear Jamboree shows?
Answer: Henry the Bear.
66. Question: On which ride do tour guides sit with you to tell you stories as a boat moves towards Monstro the Whale?
Answer: Storybook Land Canal Boats.
67. Question: Where is the water-based ride, It's a Small World, located?
68. Question: Which Tomorrowland attraction opened in 1955 and closed in 1963?
Answer: Tomorrowland Boats.
69. Question: What is the name of the roller coaster ride located in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park?
Answer: Space Mountain.
70. Question: When was Space Mountain first opened in Disneyland Park?
71. Question: Where is the Sleeping Beauty Castle located in Disneyland Park?
72. Question: Which Disney princess owns the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland's theme park?
Answer: Princess Aurora.
73. Question: What is considered a popular Disneyland souvenir?
Answer: Mickey Ears.
Well, that's a wrap, folks! Who knew Disneyland, the place of dreams, was brimming with such fascinating trivia? We hope you've enjoyed this whirlwind tour of fun facts and challenging questions. Perhaps you've discovered a new favorite Disney tidbit, or maybe you're all set to be the reigning champ at your next family game night! Remember, every magical detail you've learned not only adds to the magic but deepens your Disneyland experience. So why not take this newfound knowledge and plan your next visit? You can also try out more quizzes to learn about other topics that interest you and sharpen your memory. However, to be an expert on any subject you will need to commit to more extensive study. If you would like to continue to test yourself with more quizzes, we have a collection of trivia for you right here at Kidadl.
Article image credit: spiderman777 / Shutterstock.com
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.