Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
We all have fears, some hidden deep inside our hearts, and some showcased as an instinct.
The fear of the unknown is one such kind of fear, which is the fear of the future, which is unknown, fear of some religious aspects, and fear of nature’s unpredictability. To help you make this fear your strength and reassure you that fear gives us the courage, and the unknown is just an awaiting surprise.
Fear not because everything you think and fear maybe just a false statement. Hence, fear not the fear because the fear of the fear can one day destroy you. Stay strong and overcome it, especially you don’t need to fear something you do not know about but just speculation and the fear of the unknown. After these fear quotes, you may also look at fearless quotes and [you can do it quotes].
Best Fear Of The Unknown Quotes
Fear is a common emotion felt by most human beings on a daily basis from fear of heights to fear of the unknown. The person who succeeds in life is the one who overcomes his fear.
1. “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
- H.P. Lovecraft, ‘Supernatural Horror In Literature.’
2. “Many times, the thought of fear itself is greater than what it is we fear.”
- Idowu Koyenikan, ‘Wealth For All: Living A Life Of Success At The Edge Of Your Ability.’
3. “Fear of the unknown and the other is the root of almost all hate. It is born of ignorance and fed by those who would keep us divided.”
- Tinnekke Bebout.
4. “The greatest fear in life is not of death, but unsolicited change.”
- Raheel Farooq.
5. “Fear sees, even when eyes are closed.”
- Wayne Gerard Trotman, ‘Veterans Of The Psychic Wars.’
6. “Fear is the most potent weapon.”
- Faraaz Kazi, ‘The Other Side.’
7. “To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.”
- Bertrand Russell.
8. “You don’t fear change. You fear the unknown. If you knew the future would be great, you’d welcome the change to get there. Well, the future is great. Proceed.”
- Joe Vitale.
9. “The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety.”
- H. L. Mencken.
10. “Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.”
- Yvon Chouinard.
11. “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.”
- Dale Carnegie.
12. “We all have a fear of the unknown what one does with that fear will make all the difference in the world.”
- Lillian Russell.
13. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
14. “There is always fear of the unknown.”
- Berhan Ahmed.
15. “The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear – fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable.”
- H.L Mencken.
16. “Most people talk about fear of the unknown, but if there is anything to fear, it is the known.”
- Deepak Chopra.
17. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
- Dale Carnegie.
18. “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.”
19. “Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.”
- J.K. Rowling.
20. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
21. “Fear of the unknown is our greatest fear. Many of us would enter a tiger’s lair before we would enter a dark cave. While caution is a useful instinct, we lose many opportunities and much of the adventure of life if we fail to support the curious explorer within us.”
- Joseph Campbell.
22. “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”
- H. P. Lovecraft.
23. “Almost all fear is fear of the unknown. Therefore, what’s the remedy? To become acquainted with the things you fear.”
- Peace Pilgrim.
24. “I think fear of the unknown is the scariest thing.”
- Katie Featherston.
25. “The fear of death is far greater than the death itself. But the fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all!”
- The Undertaker.
26. “Stress is a false perception of fear of the unknown.”
- Debasish Mridha.
27. “Fears are educated into us and can, if we wish, be educated out.”
- Karl Augustus Menninger.
28. “Fear of the unknown is a great creative partner.”
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
29. “Fear is not an unknown emotion to us.”
- Neil Armstrong.
30. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself-and possibly teh bogey man.”
- Pat Paulsen.
31. “There are people with a lot of prejudice, a lot of fear of the unknown.”
- Mario Vargas Llosa.
32. “You do not travel if you are afraid of the unknown, you travel for the unknown, that reveals you with yourself.”
- Ella Maillart.
33. “If we fear the unknown then surely, we fear ourselves.”
- Bryant H. McGill.
34. “Do not fear the unknown, dare to be adventurous in life.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
35. “There is nothing that man fears more than the touch of the unknown. He wants to see what is reaching towards him, and to be able to recognize or at least classify it. Man, always tends to avoid physical contact with anything strange.”
- Elias Canetti.
36. “Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence.”
- Pope John Paul II.
37. “I don’t know what I don’t see, what I don’t fear!”
- Henry James, 'The Turn Of The Screw'.
38. “Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.”
- John Lennon.
39. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
40. “He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.”
41. “Courage is knowing what not to fear.”
Interesting Fear Of The Unknown Quotes
If you are not sure about something such as death, there are chances that you have fear of the unknown. There are various fear quotes shared across Facebook and Instagram. Read on for some of the best quotes about fear of death, a certain place and other things that someone as fearless as you may also like.
42. “Just as when we come into the world, when we die, we are afraid of the unknown. But the fear is something from within us that has nothing to do with reality. Dying is like being born: just a change.”
- Isabel Allende, ‘The House Of The Spirits.’
43. “The unknown is not what to be afraid of, it’s only when the unknown becomes known that one can decide whether to be afraid or not.”
- Markus Peterson.
44. "What you don't know will hurt you."
- Jim Rohn.
45. ““A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her”
― Marilyn Monroe.
46. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh.
47. “If you let fear of the unknown stop you from taking chances, you will stifle your true potential.”
- Steve Rizzo.
48. “We do not have a fear of the unknown. What we fear is giving up the known.”
- Anthony De Mello.
49. “A journey to the unknown shores needs a port, a ship, a wind; but more important than all of them: courage; courage to leave the known for the unknown!”
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
50. “We do not fear the unknown. We fear what we think we know about the unknown.”
- Teal Swan.
51. “Fear not the unknown. It is a sea of possibilities.”
- Tom Althouse.
52. “Only the unknown frightens men. But once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known.”
- Antoine De Saint-Exupery.
53. “Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.”
- Danny Gokey.
54. “A fear of the unknown keeps a lot of people from leaving bad situations.”
- Kathie Lee Gifford.
55. “Find out what you’re afraid of and go live there.”
- Chuck Palahniuk.
56. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
- Andre Gide.
57. “Seeing what scares you for what it is does not lessen the terror. It still has the power to break your heart, over and over again.”
― Teri Terry.
58. “A distaste for the new is not always fear of the unknown, but sometimes ambition. Some people don’t like the new way simply because they never got a chance to master the old way.”
- Criss Jami.
59. “It’s a lot easier to understand things once you name them. It’s the unknown that mostly freaks me out. I don’t know the name of that fear, but I know I’ve got it, the fear of the unknown.”
- Carrie Jones.
60. “The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed.”
- Gordon Parks.
61. “I view it as one of the greatest crimes to shadow the minds of the young with these gloomy superstitions, and with fears of the unknown and the unknowable to poison all their joy in life.”
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
62. “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
63. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.”
- Sara Blakely.
64. “If you let fear of the unknown stop you from taking chances, you will stifle your true potential.”
- Steve Rizzo.
65. “Fear of failure and fear of the unknown are always defeated by faith. Having faith in yourself, in the process of change, and in the new direction that change sets will reveal your own inner core of steel.”
- Georgette Mosbacher.
66. “One who fears failure limits his activities. If there is one thing which I would banish from the earth it is fear.”
- Henry Ford.
67. “From fear of the unknown, both horns and wings have grown.”
- Chris Murphy.
68. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
- Nelson Mandela.
69. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”
- Corrie Ten Boom.
70. “Making your unknown known is the important thing.”
- Georgia O’Keeffe.
71. “To me art is an adventure into an unknown world, which can be explored only by those willing to take the risk.”
- Mark Rothko.
72. “You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.”
- Denis Waitley.
73. “True wildness is a love of nature, a delight in silence, a voice free to say spontaneous things, and an exuberant curiosity in the face of the unknown.”
- Robert Bly.
74. "Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
75. “Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.”
- George S. Patton.
76. “To conquer the unknown, you must trust.”
- Harbhajan Singh Yogi.
77. “The unknown is always frightening.”
- Naveen Andrews McGill.
78. “There’s always the risk that there are unknown unknowns.”
- Nate Silver.
79. “Since the future is unknown, in every step forward we walk to the unknown!”
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
80. “You’ve got to bumble forward into the unknown.”
- Frank Gehry.
81. “Going into the unknown is how you expand what is known.”
- Julien Smith.
82. “A hero is somebody who voluntarily walks into the unknown.”
- Tom Hanks.
83. "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
- Mark Twain.
84. “In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
85. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
86. "He of whom many are afraid ought to fear many."
- Francis Bacon.
87. When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
- Henry David Thoreau.
88. "He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
89. "I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today!"
- William Allen White.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for fear of the unknown quotes, then why not take a look at taco quotes, stand up for yourself quotes, or be true to yourself quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.