Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
The fairytale-themed story became very famous in the world and everyone loved the title character, Shrek the ogre. Kids and adults alike have enjoyed this movie for many years.
'Shrek' is a movie we all love. Whether you are a child or an adult, the charm of it never fades. And part of that charm is the witty dialogues. Here are a few funny and famous 'Shrek' quotes that will make you giggle.
1. 'Do you think maybe he's compensating for something?'- Shrek.
It is used as a satire of Lord Farquaad’s height.
2. 'I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.'- Donkey.
The Donkey is lost for words to describe the boulder, so he uses cliché statements to cover it.
3. 'Hey! I'm no one's messenger boy, all right? I'm a delivery boy.'- Shrek.
The ironic statement is used to represent his duty.
4. 'You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain't never seen a donkey fly.'- Donkey.
After being sprinkled with pixie dust, donkey hysterically expresses himself.
5. 'This is gonna be fun. We’ll stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I’m making waffles.'- Donkey.
Donkey excitedly voices out when he lets him stay at his house.
6. 'He hooffed unt he poooffed unt he... signed an eviction notice.'- Little Pig.
Little pig informs Shrek about everyone being evicted by Lord Farquaad.
7. 'Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.'- Lord Farquaad.
Lord Farquaad proclaims his soldiers to save Fiona from dragon.
8. 'You gonna go fight a dragon and rescue a princess just so Farquaad 'll give you back your swamp, which you only don't have 'cos he filled it full of freaks in the first place, is that about right?'- Donkey.
Donkey asks Shrek to put him straight into the idea that he can take his swamp back without fighting dragon.
9. 'Donkey, two things okay? Shut... up.'- Shrek.
Shrek hysterically says this to donkey after entering inside the dragon's castle.
10. 'Blue flower, red thorns. Blue flower, red thorns. Blue flower, red thorns. Man, this would be so much easier if I wasn't color-blind!'- Donkey.
Donkey due to his colorblindness freaks out as he couldn't find the flower to treat Shrek.
11. 'A girl dragon... Oh, sure, I mean of course you're a girl dragon! You're just reeking of feminine beauty.'- Donkey.
Donkey tries to compliment dragon so she would spare his life.
12. "I'm not a puppet. I'm a real boy."- Pinocchio.
Pinocchio is considered as a possessed doll by Farquaad's men but due to Pinocchio's belief on himself, he retaliates and explains that he is a real boy.
13. "Lord Farquaad: Run, run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man."- 'Shrek'.
This conversation takes place between Farquaad and Ginger bread when he tortures him to get information about others hiding.
14. "Before this is over, I'm gonna need a whole lot of serious therapy. Look at my eye twitchin'."- Donkey.
This shows how donkey was not able to keep a secret.
15. 'Oh, what large teeth you have. I mean white sparkly teeth, 'cause that's one dazzling smile you got there and do I detect a hint ?'- Donkey.
Donkey at dragon's place trying to distract dragon.
16. 'You don't know what it's like to be considered a freak... Well, maybe you do, but that's why we gotta stick together.'- Donkey.
Donkey tries to convince Shrek to let him stay only to realize that both of them are going through the same situation.
17. 'All right, you are ugly. But you're only like this at night. Shrek's ugly 24/7.'- Donkey.
Donkey tries to comfort princess by comparing herself to Shrek's situation.
18. 'Really, it's rude enough being alive when no one wants you, but showing up uninvited to a wedding?'- Lord Farquaad.
The marriage of Fiona and Farquaad is interrupted by Shrek.
19. 'What are you doing in my swamp?'- Shrek.
Shrek quotes in confusion and frustration after watching numerous creatures surrounding his swamp.
20. 'Don't die, Shrek. And if you see any long tunnels, stay away from the light!'- Donkey.
Donkey shows concern towards Shrek.
21. 'Alright, nobody move. I've got a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it.'- Donkey.
Donkey uses this line to scare away Farquaad's men.
22. 'Wow, that was really scary and if you don't mind me saying, if that don't work, your breath will certainly get the job done.'- Donkey.
Donkey insults Shrek as he tries to get rid of him.
23. 'Gingerbread Man: She's married to the Muffin man.
Lord Farquaad: The Muffin man?'- 'Shrek'.
Lord Farquaad interrogates Gingerbread Man about the people who went into hiding.
24. 'Lord Farquaad: What's that? It's hideous.
Shrek: Well, that's not very nice. It's just a donkey.'- 'Shrek'.
Shrek misinterprets Lord Farquaad's words. He thinks Farquad is insulting Donkey but it was actually meant for Shrek himself.
25. 'Donkey: Oh, this is one of those onion things, isn't it?
Shrek: No, it's one of those 'drop it and leave it alone' things.'- 'Shrek'.
Donkey and Shrek fight because of a misunderstanding.
26. 'Shrek: Oh yeah? Well, if I treated you so bad, how come you came back?
Donkey: Because that's what friends do! They forgive each other!
Shrek: Oh yeah, you're right, Donkey. I forgive you... For stabbing me in the back!'- 'Shrek'.
Shrek and Donkey let out their frustration and care for each other.
27. 'You don't entertain much, do you?'- Donkey
Donkey considers the fact that Shrek won't keep up with him, so he lets him stay at the swamp.
28. 'That's another thing we have in common. I hate it when you've got someone in your face.'- Donkey.
Donkey ironically does the same thing he hates in Shrek.
29. 'Ogres are like onions.'- Shrek.
Shrek explains his personality.
30. 'No! Layers! Onions have layers. Ogres have layers.'- Shrek.
By using the metaphor of an onion, Shrek attempts to convey the dimension of his character.
31. 'Shrek: Little donkey. Take a look at me, what am I?
Donkey: Really tall?
Shrek: No. I'm an ogre. You know, grab your torch and pitchfork. Doesn't that bother you?
Donkey: Really, really. Man, I like you. What's your name?
Shrek: Er, Shrek.'- 'Shrek'.
Shrek tries to display his hidden thoughts on how he feels about himself.
32. 'You're so wrapped up in layers onion boy, you're afraid of your own feelings.'- Donkey.
Donkey states that Shrek has kept his feelings hidden and that's what makes him lose patience.
33. 'See? There you are doing it again, just like you did to Fiona.'- Donkey.
Donkey pours each and every word out of emotions that were ignored by Shrek.
34. 'Can I stay with you? Please?'- Donkey.
Donkey pleads Shrek as he got no place to stay.
35. 'Shrek: Go over there and see if you can find any stairs.
Donkey: Stairs?'- 'Shrek'.
Shrek asks donkey to go to the other side because he was interrupting him from saving the Princess.
36. 'Donkey: So where is this fire-breathin' pain in the neck, anyway?
Shrek: In the tower, waiting for us to rescue her.'- 'Shrek'.
Shrek gives this a sarcastic turn by comparing Fiona to the dragon.
37. 'So, uh, are there any donkeys up there?'- Donkey.
With this fictitious description of Donkey, Shrek attempts to be kind to the Donkey.
38. 'Okay, okay, I see it now. The big shiny one, right there. That one there?'- Donkey.
Here, Shrek and Donkey share an emotional moment while talking about stars.
39. 'You love this woman don't ya?'- Donkey.
Donkey puts Shrek's feeling into words.
40. 'Then you gotta try a little tenderness! The chicks love that romantic crap.'- Donkey.
Donkey gives Shrek an advice to win Fiona's heart.
41. 'No, I'm just a little uncomfortable about being on a rickety bridge, over a boiling lake of lava!'- Donkey.
Donkey freaks out about crossing the bridge.
42. 'Wow! Only a true friend would be that truly honest.'- Donkey.
Shrek considers insulting donkey a sign of true friendship.
43. 'Man, you gotta warn somebody before you crack one like that.'- Donkey.
Donkey hysterically suspects Shrek.
44. 'But, uh, I don't have any friends.'- Donkey.
Donkey uses this phrase to show his loneliness in a hysterical way.
45. 'Oh and it is lovely. You know, you're really quite a decorator.'- Donkey.
Despite having a negative opinion, Donkey attempts to be kind.
46. 'And then one time I ate some rotten berries.'- Donkey.
This hilarious phase shows how unconscious Donkey is of his surroundings.
47.'And my groom-to-be Lord Farquaad, what's he like?'- Princess Fiona.
Fiona is curious about the person she is going to marry.
48. 'What are you doing? You know, you should sweep me off my feet out yonder window and down a rope onto your valiant steed.'- Princess Fiona.
Donkey is referred to as courageous horse and every word looks dignified according to Fiona's expectation.
49. 'By night one way, by day another, This shall be the norm,... Then take love's true form.'- Princess Fiona.
This line is spoken when curse was broken after she kissed Shrek.
50. 'You didn't slay the dragon?'- Princess Fiona.
Fiona asks this to Shrek as she thinks they couldn't escape while the dragon is alive.
51. 'But this isn't right. You're meant to charge in, sword drawn, banner flying.'- Princess Fiona.
Princess talks about all the characteristics Shrek did not acquaint as a knight.
52. 'The battle is won. You may remove your helmet.'- Princess Fiona.
Fiona quotes this after they escape the dragon.
53. 'What kind of a knight are you?'- Princess Fiona.
Fiona utters this out of annoyance as Shrek doesn't incorporate any characteristics she had in mind for knights.
54. 'But, I don't understand. I'm supposed to be beautiful.'- Princess Fiona.
Fiona feels that she falls short of the princess beauty ideals.
55. 'Please. I would'st look upon the face of my rescuer.'- Princess Fiona.
Princess Fiona pleads to look at Shrek as he saves her.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Shrek' quotes then why not take a look at 'The Incredibles' quotes, or 'Finding Nemo' quotes.
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.