Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Sunday comes between Saturday and Monday, for which most of the people wait the whole week; Sunday is the best day, you know!
Sunday is the day of rest for people in many countries. Sunday is one of the favorite days for many people because it’s a day to rest from work.
“Sunday is my favorite day” says Emma Caulfield! These Sunday quotes will not only inspire you, but also fill you with positivity as you welcome a new week. A Sunday well spent brings a lot of cheer in the life. Sunday is the perfect time to prepare for the week ahead. On a Sunday afternoon, you could decide to go grocery shopping, do laundry, plan your outfits for the week, enjoy a hot cup of coffee , watch a movie, relax, and enjoy.
Sunday is one day of the week where you get to spend time with your family and friends and say cheers to Sunday snuggle. People love Sundays as you get to go shopping, relax at your home, read a book, and do things you love doing. Sunday is the right time to turn down the noise of everyday life and enjoy the moment you’re in a while, also preparing yourself mentally for the week ahead. To remind you of the usefulness and blessings of Sunday, below is the collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting Sunday quotes.
If you like this article, you may also like Sunday morning quotes and [Sunday inspirational quotes] after this.
Best Sunday Quotes
Whatever your Sunday ritual, it’s always better when spent with friends and family. Sunday is by far the best day of the week, time to recover from the fatigue otherwise you will waste Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Cheers to Sunday snuggle. Here are some of the best happy Sunday quotes for you to cherish.
1. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.”
- Elfriede Jelinek.
2. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.”
- Nanea Hoffman.
3. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.”
- Albert Schweitzer.
4. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
5. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.”
- Joseph Addison.
6. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.”
- Mark Morris.
7. “Sunday’s my day off, where I eat whatever I want. I don’t let myself have something. I do love French fries and bread.”
- Ashley Tisdale.
8. “Sunday is the core of our civilization, dedicated to thought and reverence.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
9. “Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
10. “Sundays tend to be a day where I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.”
- Chuck Palahniuk.
11. “This is your Sunday evening reminder that you can handle whatever this week throws at you.”
12. “There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.”
- Bishop Gerald Causse.
13. “Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans.”
- John Lasseter.
14. “Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book.”
- Chris Klein.
15. “Sunday – The day I planned a lot but actually did nothing.”
- Lovely Goyal.
16. “You know what Sunday is, it’s a day with a lot of potential for naps.”
- Polly Horvath.
17. “Sunday is a time when you sit back and reflect on all the blessings that you have received. Smile at all the good things that you are enjoying.”
- Sera Train.
18. “But it’s Sunday, Mr. Bell. Clocks are slow on Sundays.”
- Truman Capote.
19. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.”
- Jean Rhys.
20. “On Sunday mornings, as the dawn burned into day, swarms of gulls descended on the uncollected trash, hovering and dropping in the cold clear light.”
- Edward Conlon.
21. “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that.”
- Hawksley Workman.
22. “After a week of the contained chaos that is my job, I need some solitary running time. On Sundays, I can unwind and reconnect with the natural world.”
- Linda Jones.
23. “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.”
- Haruki Murakami.
24. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.”
25. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest… now that's something to be thankful for!”
- Aaron Taylor.
26. “May your Sunday be filled with sunshine and blessings!”
27. “Sunday is a day to clear the mind of all that has transpired the week before.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
28. “God is not a Sunday plumber - he’s always available.”
- John Geddes.
29. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.”
- Catherine McCormack.
30. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
- Anthony J.D’ Angelo.
31. “There is always something new to learn and feel each Sunday.”
32. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.”
33. “Sunday. Take it slow and give your soul a chance to catch up with your body.”
34. ” It’s a beautiful Sunday morning and a great opportunity to thank the Lord for reminding us how blessed we are.”
35. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.”
- Bill Waterson.
36. “It’s Sunday, therefore I am 100% motivated to do nothing today!”
37. “O holy Sunday, let your darkness not come along my way. Let her nurture internal and external world, as I start my personal day.”
- Santosh Kalwar.
38. “I hate Sunday, and I don’t think I’ll ever get over it. But I’m going to try.”
- Frank D. Gilroy.
39. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion, in the evening they reach the ground and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.”
- Alain Bremond.
40. “It was the kind of Sunday to make one ache for Monday morning.”
- Joan Didion.
41. “Sunday - that airless graveyard that the brutalized week finally stumbles into and collapses.”
- Chandler Brossard.
42. “Every day was a Sunday during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Steven Magee.
43. “I hate Sundays because they give birth to Mondays.”
- Chris Southwave.
44. “Why doesn’t Sunday ever wait until I’m tired?”
- Sarah Miller.
45. “It was one of those midsummer Sundays when everyone sits around saying, “I drank too much last night.”
- John Cheever.
46. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!”
- D.S. Mixell.
47. “How necessary Sundays have become. I reach for them like sleeping lovers on the other side of my earth or my mattress.”
- Darnell Lamont Walker.
48. “Sunday is the Lord’s Day. Let us find time to be with him.”
- Pope Francis.
49. “Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and to be grateful for each and every one of your blessings.”
50. “This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow?”
- Kurt Vonnegut.
Relaxing Happy Sunday Morning Quotes
Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of your life story. Suppose you’re experiencing a lot of stress in your life and need some relaxation. On a Sunday, sit by a fire, read a good book, have a nice cup of coffee or two, watch the sunset. Make it the perfect day to refuel yourself as the entire city takes a breath and prepare for whatever this week throws at you. Then here are some of the best happy Sunday inspirational quotes that will help you feel relaxed as this magical day clears away the rust from your life.
51. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.”
- Zig Ziglar.
52. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.”
- Robert Tew.
53. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
- Chinese Proverb.
54. “Happy Sunday is the boost for the entire week.”
55. “Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.”
- Jane Austen.
56. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.”
- William S. Burroughs.
57. “It’s a good idea to always do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life.”
- Paul Coelho.
58. “As important as it is to have a plan for doing work, it is perhaps more important to have a plan for rest, relaxation, self-care, and sleep.”
- Akiroq Brost.
59. “It is nice finding that place where you can just go and relax.”
- Moises Arias.
60. “If you do what you love, it is the best way to relax.”
- Christian Louboutin.
61. “Action done totally brings relaxation; relaxation done totally brings more action.”
- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.
62. “Don’t make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything.”
- Angelique Kerber.
63. “Relax! Life is beautiful!”
- David L. Wolper.
64. “The main thing to do is relax and let your talent do the work.”
- Charles Barkley.
65. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.”
- Sydney Harris.
66. “I think holidays come in all sizes - sometimes you just need to relax.”
- Kate Garraway.
67. “Weekends are sacred for me. They’re the perfect time to relax and spend time with family and friends.”
- Marcus Samuelsson.
68. “I am never embarrassed to relax. I am not part of any rat race. I am very happy to be by myself.”
69. “You need to stay calm the day of the contest. Not let the weather bother me and just relax.”
- Joey Chestnut.
70. “I absolutely love to relax and have fun. I like socializing; I like chatting. I like dancing, mixing with friends.”
- Gwendoline Christie.
71. “Before every game I pray, I find solace. It helps me to relax and prepare.”
72. “It’s very important for me to try to relax when I’m travelling, and playing my flute helps me to unwind.”
- Andrea Bocelli.
73. “It’s easy to relax and get comfortable but you can’t be comfortable if you want to be great.”
- Pascal Siakam.
74. “Gardening is how I relax. It’s another form of creating and playing with colors.”
- Oscar De La Renta.
75. “You know what I like to do on a Sunday morning? Clean my house. I really enjoy it; it’s my ritual. I require tidiness, actually. I have to have everything spotless before I can relax.”
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
76. “I keep my inner circle of people very small and tight, and I like to relax if I get a chance.”
- Dean Ambrose.
77. “I like to be with my friends and my family, listen to music and read books. Things like that relax me.”
- Caroline Wozniacki.
78. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.”
- Irina Shayk.
79. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. Start this Sunday with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts and miracles throughout the world.”
80. “Listening to soft music and the sound of the ocean is quite relaxing to me.”
- LaToya Jackson.
Inspirational Sunday Quotes
Sunday service is the service that is done at the church. Sunday is a day to thank God for all his blessings of the last week. Here are some of the most amazing happy Sunday service quotes to thank god for miracles throughout the world.
81. “Worship is not a twenty minute period during a church service, but a lifestyle of relating to God in a particular way.”
- Mike Bickle.
82. “I could never concentrate on Sunday church services because I’d be concentrating on women’s hats.”
- Bill Cunningham.
83. “Sunday morning church service is not an enormous priority; spending time with other believers is.”
- Donald Miller.
84. “Fewer and fewer people are attracted to the church service and more and more people are attracted to the service of the church.”
- Reggie McNeal.
85. “I like the silent church before the service begins, better than any preaching.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
86. “You don’t have to be in church service to worship, you can be in your own home. You enhance your spirituality, through the instrument of worship, when you really connect with the invisible, almighty God.”
- T.D. Jakes.
87. “Europe is no longer a Christian continent; few Europeans attend religious services on Sunday, and the European Union recently refused to refer to Europe’s religious heritage in its fledgling constitution.”
- Meir Soloveichik.
88. “Seriously, we should start taxing churches and have tax-exempt places for worship and study of nature and art. Charge ten bucks for Sunday services and make the Botanic Gardens free.”
- David Grinspoon.
89. “I still love church. My favorite church service is T.D. Jakes at the Potter’s House. I don’t think there is a better preacher in the country. His ability to interpret scripture is like no other.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
90. “By high school, I was putting the music for the services together and teaching Sunday school to everybody’s kids.”
- Lizz Wright.
Inspirational Sunday Morning Quotes For The Week
If you have great Sundays, you are less likely to waste Mondays. Take a deep breath and relax, enjoy your family time, watch an old movie, read a good book, or do anything else that you want. Sunday is the best occasion to reinvigorate. Here are some of the happy Sunday quotes for the week that will inspire you for the week ahead and you'll even find some beautiful Sunday Disney quotes, too.
91. “Life offers you so many doors, it is up to you which to open and which one to close.”
92. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.”
- Benjamin Mays.
93. “Life offers so many great choices, all you have to do is to see them.”
94. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
- Albert Einstein.
95. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.”
- Mark Caine.
96. “Snuggle by the fire, read a good book, have a hot cup of coffee (or two), watch an old movie, relax and enjoy the day.”
97. “On this lovely Sunday, remember to take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy your family, your friends, and indulge yourself in a nice cup of coffee.”
98. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
- Milton Berle.
99. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”
- Ayn Rand.
100. “Work to become, not to acquire.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
101. “The future depends on what you do today.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
102. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.”
- Chris Grosser.
103. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.”
- Will Rogers.
104. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.”
- Farrah Gray.
105. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
- Walt Disney.
106. “Nothing will work unless you do.”
- Maya Angelou.
107. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
108. “Your only limit is you.”
109. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
- George Eliot.
110. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
- Lao Tzu.
111. “It’s not the days in your life, but the life in your days that counts.”
- Brian White.
112. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
- Winston Churchill.
113. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.”
- Les Brown.
114. “A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
- Bruce Lee.
115. “It’s not knowing what to do, it’s doing what you know.”
- Tony Robbins.
116. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
- Stephen Covey.
117. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.”
- Napoleon Hill.
118. “Great acts are made up of small deeds.”
- Lao Tzu.
119. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”
- Thomas Jefferson.
120. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.”
- Dale Carnegie.
Monday Quotes To Elevate Your Week
People need motivation to start their week. After a happy Sunday, Mondays are not always dull to begin your week. But let's be honest, do not waste your Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. So make sure you never waste a single Sunday. Here are some of the Monday quotes that will help you to elevate your week.
121. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”
122. “Life is a fairytale starring you. You have the power to write your own story and be the hero of it, too.”
- Joelle Speranza.
123. “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
- Serena Williams.
124. “Don’t give it five minutes if you’re not going to give it five years.”
- Meghan Markle.
125. “The most effective way to do it is to do it.”
- Amelia Earhart.
126. “Don’t ask if your dream is crazy, ask if it’s crazy enough.”
- Lena Waithe.
127. “You can never ride on the wave that came in and went out yesterday.”
- John Wanamaker.
128. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.”
- Bo Jackson.
129. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.”
- Vincent Van Gogh.
130. “Know this one great truth: you are in control of your own life.”
- Rachel Hollis.
131. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.”
- Henry Ford.
132. “Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.”
- J.K. Rowling.
133. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
134. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
- Paul Coelho.
135. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”
- Tricia Cunningham.
136. “The only limits you have are the limits you believe.”
- Wayne Dyer.
137. “Every day brings new choices.”
- Martha Beck.
138. “The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible.”
- Charles Kingsleigh.
139. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
- Beverly Sills.
*Do you know where this quote originates? We'd love to hear from you at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for chill Sunday quotes, then why not take a look at [Saturday motivational quotes], or [Monday coffee quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.