Grab Tickets To London Eye River Cruise
What to expect
- Cruise beneath London’s iconic ferris wheel in style and see all of the city’s most famous sights along the River Thames.
- The London Eye River Cruise offers 40-minute boat trips through the heart of the capital with open deck views and expert commentary from their knowledgeable guides.
- See London’s Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St Paul’s Cathedral and much more on board this wonderful river boat cruise.
As well as being one of the most symbolic landmarks of the London skyline, the London Eye also offers fabulous river cruise tours along the Thames for a full sightseeing experience.
The London Eye River Cruises let visitors to the Old Smoke see all of its most popular sights in one leisurely boat ride, with 40-minute Thames boat trips through the heart of the city. Right underneath the monumental London Eye, you’ll hop on board a spacious River Cruise boat at the London Eye Pier, sailing beneath the iconic wheel before heading out along the most noteworthy strip of the Thames. The London Eye River Cruise route will take you through the city’s best riverside attractions including the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, the Tower of London, the Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe and much more. Marvel at the city’s fascinating mingle of old and new architecture and cruise beneath London’s many iconic bridges, including the Millennium Bridge of Harry Potter fame and of course, the quintessential Tower Bridge; will you catch one of its legendary openings? The London Eye River Cruises feature open air top decks for the best panoramic views and essential photo opportunities, or comfortable indoor seating if you’d rather sit back and relax as the sights pass by their expansive lower windows. Expert guides will also be on board to give you the most knowledgeable and entertaining commentary of the city as you sail.
This ultimate London experience company also offers fast-track and priority boarding tickets for those with jam-packed sightseeing days as well as London Eye and River Cruise combo packages. See the city from up high as you take a circuit on London’s most famous attraction, with breathtaking 360-degree views from your glass ferris wheel pods, and then cruise along at river level as you take in the sights up close on a River Cruise tour.
What to know before you go
- The river boat tours are 40-minute long circular cruises with no stop-offs.
- The London Eye River Cruise opening times are currently Monday to Friday 11am - 6pm and weekends 10am - 8.30pm.
- River Cruise tours are accessible for three wheelchairs at a time and complimentary tickets are available for helpers; please contact Customer Services ahead of your visit to notify them if you require this assistance.
- T-loop systems are available for your audio guides.
- There are no accessible toilets on board the River Cruise boats, but these can be found at the London Eye start and end point in County Hall, along with baby changing facilities.
- There is currently no food or drink available on the cruises, but there are plenty of family-friendly places to eat near to your pick-up and drop-off point just along the Southbank including Las Iguanas, Strada, Honest Burgers, Giraffe, Wagamama and Pret A Manger.
- The boat trips are suitable for all weather conditions.
- London Eye River Cruises depart from the London Eye Pier, just beneath the wheel.
- Waterloo Car Park is the nearest parking lot, but it can get very busy so we recommend using public transport.
- The closest London Eye Tube station is Waterloo, serving the Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northern and Waterloo & City lines, just a six-minute walk away. Across the bridge you can also find Embankment for the Bakerloo, Northern, Circle and District lines, and Westminster for the Jubilee, Circle and District lines.
- Waterloo (seven minutes away) and Charing Cross (12 minutes away) are the nearest rail stations to the London Eye Pier.
- The nearest bus stops are at County Hall and Waterloo Station for routes 76, 77, 211, 381 and 507.