A baby name should not only be sophisticated but should also be meaningful for your baby and depicts a strong family value.
Elegant baby names can be inspired by anything – celebrities, vehicles, scent, and much more. These names sound fashionable and stylish.
Classy names have complexity and tastefulness to them. These classic names evoke pride and nobility and make unique baby boy names. Finding a name for a boy baby who deserves a ton of admiration is not easy. With a strong and sophisticated name, there are chances that your baby will make a lot of friends, and will achieve the success that you have always dreamed of your baby. Many parents are interested in elegant and classy baby boy names that are honorable or unique.
Elegant names for baby boys are becoming more popular. So, when you search for your boy's name, you need to make sure the fancy names have a profound significance, simple sound enough to pronounce but have an exemplary vibe. Check out our list of elegant baby boy names.
Long Elegant Names
Sometimes bigger is better and trust us, these long names like Augustine, Benedict, will not make your child's name difficult to pronounce but will make his peers adore him with pride and royalty.
1. Augustine (Latin origin) means "greatness".
2. Amadeus (Latin origin) means "love of God". Famous name bearer composer Amadeus Mozart.
3. Archibald (German origin) means "sounds ready and honorable".
4. Benedict (Latin origin) means "a gift". Famous name bearer Hollywood actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
5. Constantine (Greek origin) means "consistent".
6. Cameron (Celtic origin) means "pride and admiration".
7. Forrester (Medieval English origin) means "an officer in charge of the Kings forest".
8. Giovanni (Italian origin) means "gracious".
9. Maximilian (Latin origin) means "most noteworthy". The name can be abbreviated to Max.
10. Montgomery (Norman-French origin) means "mountain". Famous name bearer Montgomery Clift, Hollywood actor.
11. Montague (French origin) means "pointed mountain".
12. Nathaniel (Hebrew origin) means "Endowment of God". It can be abbreviated to Nate or Nathan.
13. Octavius (Latin origin) means "eight".
Elegant Historical Names
If history is any indication, then some names are still remembered. These strong and classic names are still cool and are remembered with pride and admiration. So, why not choose elegant baby names that mean something strong. Check out this list of old names:
14. Alasdair (Gaelic origin) means "protector of humanity".
15. Bartram (German origin) means "splendid or renowned".
16. Dominic (Latin origin) means "having a place with the Lord". Famous name bearer Saint Dominic of Silos.
17. Edmund (English origin) means "affluent defender". Famous name bearer Edmund I, King of England.
18. Gustav (Swedish origin) means "staff of the Goths". The name is profoundly famous among kings in Germany and Sweden.
19. Malachi (Hebrew origin) means "my courier or my holy messenger". Famous name bearer Malachi, Jewish prophet.
20. Percival (French origin) means "one who penetrates the valley". The famous name bearer is a knight of King Arthur's court.
21. Sanders (Greek origin) means "A variation of Alexander". that signifies the protector of humanity.
22. Vincent (Latin origin) means "overcoming". Famous name bearer painter Vincent Van Gogh.
23. William (Germanic origin) means "unflinching insurance". Famous name bearer poet William Shakespeare.
24. Xavier (Spanish & Basque origin) means "new house". Famous name bearer Xavier Abraham, Spanish poet.
Elegant Contemporary Names
Many elegant baby boy names can be as in fashion as they were in the previous era. These names for baby boys have remained sophisticated, classic, and they stand apart. Check out this cool list of baby boys names:
25. Aldrich (German origin) means "old ruler".
26. Basel (English origin) means "King or birthplace".
27. Barden (English origin) means "living almost a hogs cave". It will make a strong first as well as last name.
28. Cyril (Greek origin) means "Ruler". The name summons a feeling of resurgence and class.
29. Cielo (Spanish origin) means "sky". It is a top choice with Italian parents and sounds brilliant with any last name.
30. Dylan (Welsh origin) means "beginning and prominence".
31. Delaney (Irish origin) means "senior tree woods".
32. Dario (Persian origin) means "the owner of God".
33. Egbert (Germanic origin) means "splendid edge".
34. Ethan (Hebrew origin) means "firm and enduring". the name became famous with Tom Cruise's character in the film series Mission Impossible.
35. Edwin (English origin) means "signifies rich companion".
36. Emerson (Germanic origin) means "Child of Emery".
37. Ezra (Hebrew origin) means "help".
38. Fabian (Roman origin) means "bean merchant and sounds grand".
39. Geraldo (Spanish origin) means "ruler with the lance".
40. Griffin (Welsh origin) means "A Fabled Monster". The name became famous after house Gryffindor in the Harry Potter book series
41. Gregory (Greek origin) means "attentive and alert".
42. Hanson (Scandinavian origin) means "child of Hans".
43. Horace (Latin origin) means "watch". Famous name bearer Horace, Roman poet.
44. Hugo (Germanic origin) means "heart or brain".
45. Ignatius (Etruscan origin) means "fire, the name has class, style, and flair".
46. Jamison (English origin) means "supplanter". The name can be abbreviated to Jami as a nickname.
47. Julian (Latin origin) means "young".
48. Laurent (French origin) means "the bright one, shining one".
49. Lawson (English origin) means "child of Lawrence".
50. Leopold (English origin) means "brave".
51. Matteo (Latin origin) means "Blessing from God".
52. Mungo (Welsh origin) means "delicate".
53. Miles (Latin origin) means "benevolent".
54. Nikolai (Greek origin) means "triumph.
55. Orson (English origin) means "Bear cub".
56. Prescott (English origin) means "staying of the Priest".
57. Pierre (Latin origin) means "rock".
58. Quentin (English origin) means "from the Queen's domain".
59. Randolph (English origin) means "Solid Warrior" and is a variation of Randolf.
60. Roderick (Germanic origin) means "amazing ruler".
61. Rufus (Scottish origin) means "red-haired". A perfect name for your ginger hair baby.
62. Roland (Frankish origin) means "well-known land, the name has pride".
63. Tancred (Norman origin) means "thought and the name is pretty extraordinary".
64. Tennyson (English origin) means "child of Dennis".
Elegant Names From Fiction
Next on our list are names from some of the famous works of fiction, these names may be old-time, but they still fan favorites among parents who loved these timeless classics.
65. Atticus (Latin origin) means "belonging to Attica". Lead character from the novel 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.
66. Dorian (Greek origin) means "Child of the sea". Lead of Oscar Wilde's novel 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'.
67. Harry (Germanic origin) means "power, ruler". Main character from the 'Harry Potter' book series.
68. Jay (Sanskrit origin) means "Victory". Jay Gatsby from 'The Great Gatsby'.
69. Norman (English origin) means "North Man". Norman Bates, the complicated yet adorable antagonist from the novel 'Psycho'.
Elegant Names After Famous People
Who doesn't love to name their child after a celebrity? We hope these names can make your short-list:
70. Asher (English origin) means "upbeat and favored". Famous name bearer Hollywood actor Asher Angel.
71. Kingsley (English origin) means "kings wood". Last name of Hollywood actor Sir Ben Kingsley.
72. Orlando (Latin origin) means "well-known land". Famous name bearer Orlando Bloom.
73. Rupert (German origin) means "brilliant". Famous name bearer Rupert Grint.
74. Sebastian (Greek origin) means "revered". Famous name bearer Sebastian Stan.
75. Theodore (English origin) means "a blessing from God". It is a refined name. Famous name bearer Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. President.
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Elegant Boy Names then why not take a look at Posh Boys Names, or for something different take a look at Babylonian Names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.