Recent searches (0)
Choosing the right name for the baby is one of the most challenging elements for new parents.
Spanish is considered the language of love. So what better name to give your precious baby girl, than a Spanish name?
Baby girls are little bundles of joy, positivity, and happiness, and giving your baby a name that reflects this is not an easy task. However, choosing a Spanish name can help you achieve that. Spanish is a popular language worldwide because of its rich culture and history. Spanish names are therefore popular worldwide and many are very pretty. Spanish names have soulful meanings, which can be perfect for your baby girl. Why not browse our list below for our list of Spanish baby names and their meanings.
Peruse our list of popular Spanish girl names with meanings for your little girl.
1. Abigaíl - meaning "the father's rejoice". A unique baby name for a Spanish baby.
2. Addolorata - meaning "our lady of sorrows or grief; Virgin Mary".
3. Aminda (Esperanto origin) meaning "lovable".
4. Aureliana - meaning "golden, unique and creative individuals". A unique baby name.
5. Baja - meaning "lower one; the name of a place".
6. Belita - meaning "beautiful, stunning, attractive".
7. Bonita - meaning "a pretty little woman".
8. Cadelaria - meaning "a woman born during the Candlemas".
9. Cambria (Latin origin) meaning "a name for Wales". A common name in Spain.
10. Candela - meaning "candle or fire". Candela Pena is a Spanish actress.
11. Carolina - meaning "a pretty and free girl".
12. Claudia - meaning "lame". This name is associated with Claudia Franco, a Spanish swimmer.
13. Corisande - meaning "heart". One of the most unique and best Spanish names.
15. Dulce - meaning "someone who is sweet by nature." A sweet name for your baby.
16. Elbertina - meaning "one who has a noble heart and mind".
17. Emilia - meaning "rival or emulate or excel." Emilia Mernes is a popular Argentine singer.
18. Estelle (Latin origin) meaning "illuminating bright, sparkling stars in the sky". Estelle Anna Lewis was an American poet of Spanish descent.
19. Eulia (Greek origin) meaning "sweetly speaking". Infanta Eulalia of Spain was a duchess.
20. Felisa (Latin, Spanish origin) meaning "a lucky and successful lady". A good Spanish name for your daughter.
21. Florencia - meaning "prosperous, flowering".
22. Grecia - meaning "gracious", "graceful."
23. Hermosa - meaning "beautiful".
24. Jacinda (English origin) meaning "one who is like the hyacinth flower". Derived from Spanish, Jacinto. This name is associated with Jacinda Barrett, who is an Australian–American actress and former model.
25. Joaquina (Hebrew origin) meaning "God shall establish." From Doña Carlota Joaquina of Spain.
26. Julieta meaning "little Julia". Related to the famous Spanish movie, Julieta.
27. Karyme - meaning "an extremely attractive person".
28. Laura - meaning "person crowned with laurels". This name is associated with Laura Cayouette, who is an American actress, writer, producer, and director.
29. Lindy - meaning "a woman with pretty features, an attractive, beautiful lady".
30. Merce (Latin origin) meaning "mercy, merciful, referred to Mother Mary".
31. Orinda - meaning "the one who studies diligently and likes to read a lot".
32. Pilar - meaning "strength". Pilar Rubio is a Spanish TV presenter and reporter.
33. Preciosa - meaning "a valuable, precious baby girl".
34. Rafaela -meaning "God has healed".
35. Salvatora - meaning "she is the savior".
36. Trella - meaning "the star of the sky".
37. Xantina - meaning "little saint".
38. Yuliana - meaning "youthful". This name is associated with Carol Yuliana Lizarazo Antolinez, who is a Colombian female tennis player.
39. Zanna - meaning "lily".
There are many traditional Mexican and Spanish names that have beautiful meanings. Here we have collected several of our favorite traditional Mexican and Spanish girl names for your baby.
40. Abril - meaning "April". This name is associated with Abril Schreiber, who is a Venezuelan actress.
41. Adalia (German origin) meaning "kind' and 'noble." Adalia is a village in Spain.
42. Anika (Hausa origin) meaning "grace or sweet-faced". A common Spanish girls' name.
43. Antonia (Roman origin) meaning "priceless, flourishing, praiseworthy". This name is associated with Maria Antonia Ferdinanda of Spain.
44. Benita - meaning "blessed one".
45. Buena - meaning "good".
46. Camilla (Etruscan origin) meaning "acolyte". Camila Viyuela is a famous Spanish actress.
47. Clarisa - meaning "bright, shining, clear".
48. Desideria (Latin origin) meaning "desire". One of the prettiest Spanish girls' names. From the masculine Spanish name, Desiderio.
49. Elena (Greek, Spanish origin) meaning "shining light or bright light".
50. Eva/Evita (Hebrew origin) meaning "giver of life". This name is associated with Eva Santolaria Millán, a Spanish actress.
51. Felicita - meaning "happy". This name is similar to Felicia, who is 'Black Widow' in the 'Spiderman' comic series.
52. Gaspara - meaning "treasure". This name is associated with Gaspara Stampa, who was an Italian poet.
53. Guadalupe - meaning "valley of the wolf".
54. Heloise (French origin) meaning "renowned warrior". It is a variant of the Spanish Eloisa and can be great Spanish girls' name for your baby girl.
55. Henriqua - meaning "rules the home". This name, a female variation of Henrique, is associated with Henrique Sereno Fonseca, known as Sereno, who is a Portuguese former professional footballer.
57. Juanita - meaning "God's gift." A very common Spanish name for girls.
58. Karmen - meaning "orchard or the fruit garden".
59. Maria (Latin origin) meaning "rebellion". This name is associated with Spanish actress Maria Valverde.
60. Mora - meaning "little blueberry".
61. Nana - meaning "grace".
62. Naomi (Hebrew origin) meaning "pleasant". Naomi Preizler is a popular Argentine model.
63. Olivia (Latin origin) meaning "olive tree". This name is associated with Olivia Molina, a Spanish actress.
64. Paloma (Latin origin) meaning "peace-loving". Paloma Cela was a Spanish model and actress.
65. Penélope (Greek origin) meaning "weaver". Penélope Cruz is one of the most well-known Spanish actresses in the world.
66. Ria - meaning "small river".
68. Sara (Hebrew origin) meaning "princess". Sara Carbonero is a Spanish TV reporter who is the spouse of Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas.
69. Serene - meaning "peaceful".
70. Tierra - meaning "earth".
71. Ursulina - meaning "little bear".
72. Valentina (Latin, Spanish origin) meaning "strong or healthy". This name is associated with Valentina Vargas, a Chilean actress who rose to fame in France.
73. Vanessa (Greek origin) meaning "butterfly". This name is associated with Vanessa Incontrada, a Spanish model.
74. Xaviera - meaning "bright or splendid".
75. Yoana - meaning "God's gift." One of our favorite baby names.
76. Zita - meaning "seeker".
77. Zurine - meaning "white".
Descendants of Spain and Spanish-speaking countries are known as Hispanic. Below is a fantastic selection of Hispanic names for your baby girl.
78. Abrienda - meaning "the opening or the inauguration".
79. Acela - meaning "a flower from the God or the ash tree".
80. Adoracion - meaning "an act of religious worship".
81. Aelina - meaning "bright shining light, a torch".
82. Bandana - meaning "worship".
83. Baya - meaning "berry, a small roundish juicy fruit without a stone".
84. Brendy - meaning "a sword or a weapon used at the time of wars".
85. Brigida (Scandinavian origin) meaning "a strong, firm, healthy woman". Santa Brigida is a place in Spain.
86. Carilla - meaning "the main woman."
87. Carlotta - meaning "she has a man's strength." Carlotta Cosials is a Spanish guitarist and singer.
88. Chana - meaning "a favor from almighty God".
89. Coco - meaning "help" and is an abbreviation of the Spanish word Socorro. This name is associated with Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel, who was a French fashion designer and businesswoman and known for revolutionizing women's fashion.
90. Dama - meaning "a noblewoman." A fantastic Spanish baby name.
91. Dolores - meaning "sorrowful". Dolores Del Rio was a legendary Mexican actress and dancer. Dolores is a cute Mexican name for your baby girl.
92. Francisca (Latin origin) meaning "free one". This name is associated with Francisca Valenzuela, who is an American-born Chilean singer, poet, and multi-instrumentalist.
93. Irene (Greek origin) meaning "peace". This name is associated with popular Spanish actress, Irene Escolar Navarro.
94. Jade - meaning "jewel". This name is associated with Jade Amelia Thirlwall, who is an English singer and songwriter.
95. Katy - meaning "pure". Mexican actress Katy Jurado has this cute name.
96. Kemena - meaning "strong".
97. Lía - meaning "bearer of good news". This name is associated with Lia Uya, a Spanish singer.
98. Nina (Hebrew origin) meaning "the precious talent from the highest God". This name is associated with Anna Maria Agustí Flores, known as Nina, a Spanish actress and singer.
99. Ramona (Greek, Spanish origin) meaning "wise one". Ramona Ramirez is a Spanish character in the TV show 'Cold Feet'.
100. Roselina - meaning "she who resembles a rose".
101. Sofia (Greek origin) meaning "wise or wisdom". This is the most popular Spanish girls' name and is associated with Sofia Mazagatos, a Spanish model.
102. Tiana (Latin origin) meaning "princess". Tiana is a small town in Spain.
103. Tona - meaning "one who is highly praised and priceless".
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Spanish girl names then why not take a look at Mexican girl names, or for something different take a look at these Hungarian boys' names.
Read The Disclaimer
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.