The Best Fun Trivia Categories For Your Next Family Quiz Night
- Everyday Science Trivia
- Math Trivia
- Animals Around Us Trivia
- Sports Trivia Questions
- Seasons Trivia
- Movies Trivia
- Music Trivia
- Games Trivia
- Novels Trivia
- Cartoons Trivia
- Pop Culture Trivia
- Photography Trivia
- Puzzles Trivia
- Riddles Trivia
- Pets Trivia
- Colors Trivia
- Dance Trivia
- Brands Trivia
- Food Trivia
- News Headlines Trivia
- One Word Substitution Trivia
- Awards Trivia
- Geography Trivia
- Funny Trivia
- Family Trivia
Ready to turn your next family night into a thrilling battle of wits? Nothing spices up an evening like some fun trivia! Dive into these fantastic trivia categories we've compiled for you. They're sure to ignite curiosity, spark joy, and yes, you might just lear bookn something new too! Put on your thinking caps, it's quiz time. Here are over two dozen fun trivia categories for you to choose from, with some sample questions for each!
Get ready to level up your family game nights with the best trivia categories that'll have everyone cheering and laughing. From movie trivia where you test your screen knowledge to pet trivia where you discover fascinating facts about our furry friends, these categories are sure to keep everyone engaged. These trivia questions will guarantee a night full of fun and friendly competition. Let's make memories and trivia champions out of all of you!
Everyday Science Trivia
Fancy exploring the applications of science in everyday life? We're about to lift the lid on some fascinating everyday science trivia! Get ready to dive into this fun quiz that will be a test of your basic scientific knowledge. Let's see how many of these mysteries of your daily life and nature you can unravel!
1. Question: What happens to water when it reaches its boiling point?
Answer: Turns into steam.
2. Question: What is the main ingredient responsible for making bread dough rise?
3. Question: What causes apple pieces to turn brown when exposed to air?
4. Question: What gives chili peppers their spicy heat?
5. Question: What is the largest organ in the human body?
Have you ever wondered why pizzas are round but come in square boxes? Or why a day has exactly 24 hours? If these questions got your neurons firing, then you're in the right place! We're going to dive into a world of digits and dimensions with some fun maths trivia in this category. Even if you're not a big math fan, you might be able to guess these answers right!
6. Question: What is the value of Pi (π)?
Answer: Approximately 3.14159.
7. Question: What is the square root of 64?
8. Question: How many sides does a hexagon have?
Animals Around Us Trivia
Let's embark on an awe-inspiring adventure through the fascinating world of animals around us! This short quiz will be a test of your understanding of the animal kingdom. So, slip on your hiking boots, and get ready to uncover the hidden wonders of animals in this trivia category. How many of these can you guess right?
9. Question: Which bird is known for its ability to mimic human speech?
10. Question: Name the fastest land animal.
11. Question: Name the largest species of sharks.
Answer: The whale shark.
Sports Trivia Questions
Ready for a dash into the exhilarating world of athletic achievements? In this sports trivia game, we'll put your knowledge to the test and challenge you with a short list of questions about professional sports teams and sports professionals. Whether you're a soccer whiz or a basketball enthusiast, prepare to tackle some tricky sports trivia questions.
12. Question: Who is regarded as the greatest of all time in soccer history and played during 1957-1977?
13. Question: Who is the all-time leading goal scorer in men's international soccer (2003-2022)?
Answer: Cristiano Ronaldo.
14. Question: Which team won the UEFA Champions League in 2020?
Answer: Bayern Munich.
15. Question: Who is known as His Airness and considered one of the greatest basketball players of all time?
Answer: Michael Jordan.
Ever been stumped about why leaves change color or why snowflakes are unique? Prepare to be dazzled as we embark on a thrilling journey through the four seasons with some enchanting trivia. Whether it's the sizzling summer sun or the frosty winter chill, there's so much to uncover about the Earth's seasonal magic. In this trivia category, we'll assess your knowledge of the seasons and uncover fascinating facts about nature's cycle of change.
16. Question: Which month marks the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere?
17. Question: What is the term for the scientific study of seasons?
18. Question: In which season are babies believed to grow faster?
19. Question: What is the name of the traditional spring festival celebrated in Japan?
20. Question: Which month marks the beginning of summer in the Northern Hemisphere?
Are you ready to delve into the behind-the-scenes wonderland of movie trivia? We've got fascinating facts and tidbits that'll turn your movie nights into a premier experience. Roll out the red carpet - it's time for the curtains to rise on the magical world of cinematic trivia. Get ready to put your movie knowledge to the test with this exciting quiz.
21. Question: In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which actor plays the superhero Iron Man?
Answer: Robert Downey Jr.
22. Question: In the Harry Potter series, what is the name of Harry's best friend?
Answer: Ron Weasley.
23. Question: Who directed the Jurassic Park trilogy?
Answer: Steven Spielberg.
24. Question: What is the name of the lion cub who becomes the king in Disney's 'The Lion King'?
Let's see if you can strike the right chord with some trivia quiz questions related to music and musicians. From classical symphonies to toe-tapping pop hits, we've got facts that'll make you dance with joy. Tune your mind to the key of curiosity - let's embark on this melodious journey together, humming all the way. Are you ready to rock and roll?
25. Question: Who sang the hit song 'Thinking Out Loud'?
Answer: Ed Sheeran.
26. Question: Which band holds the record for the most No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 as of 2022?
Answer: The Beatles.
27. Question: What is the best-selling single of all time as of 2023?
Answer: 'White Christmas' by Bing Crosby.
28. Question: Which female artist released the song 'Rolling In The Deep'?
Ready to dive into the exciting world of game trivia? Prepare for a fun adventure with our trivia quiz that's all about different types of games. Whether you're a seasoned gamer or just love to play for fun, this trivia quiz will challenge your gaming expertise and make you want to level up.
29. Question: In the game of Monopoly, which property on the board is the most expensive?
30. Question: In which board game the goal is to create words and earn the highest score?
31. Question: What is the highest-grossing video game of all time as of 2022?
32. Question: Which gaming console introduced motion-sensing controllers?
Answer: Nintendo Wii.
It's time to unleash your inner literary genius. Prepare for a fascinating journey through the world of novels, where imagination knows no bounds. From timeless classics to contemporary bestsellers, this trivia game category will be an assessment of your knowledge of literature.
33. Question: Name the author of the novel, 'Pride And Prejudice'.
Answer: Jane Austen.
34. Question: Who is the author of the Harry Potter novels?
Answer: JK Rowling.
35. Question: Which novel tells the story of Jay Gatsby and his lavish lifestyle?
Answer: 'The Great Gatsby'.
Get ready to embark on an animated adventure through the whimsical world of cartoons! As a lover of animated tales, you might have spent countless hours glued to the screen, laughing alongside your favorite characters. Here's a set of fun questions that'll make you feel like a part of the cartoon crew. Let's dig into the colorful universe of cartoons!
36. Question: Who is the iconic mouse-like Disney character known for his distinctive voice and red shorts?
Answer: Mickey Mouse.
37. Question: Which famous cartoon duo consists of a clever mouse and a not-so-bright cat?
Answer: Tom and Jerry.
38. Question: Name the popular cartoon character who lives in a pineapple house under the sea and works as a cook at Krusty Krab.
Answer: SpongeBob SquarePants.
39. Question: Name the iconic cartoon character created by Hanna-Barbera, who is a dog known for his insatiable appetite and distinctive laugh.
Pop Culture Trivia
Time to delve into the fascinating realm of pop culture trivia! Pop culture encompasses the trends, fads, and phenomena that capture the attention of society. From iconic movies to catchy tunes, we're about to uncover some fascinating facts. Here are a few pop culture questions that can be asked during a trivia challenge.
40. Question: Which British singer-songwriter released the hit single 'Shape Of You' in 2017?
Answer: Ed Sheeran.
41. Question: Name the American singer known as the 'King Of Pop', and famous for hits like 'Thriller' and 'Billie Jean'.
Answer: Michael Jackson.
42. Question: Who is the Canadian singer-songwriter behind the chart-topping songs 'Sorry' and 'Love Yourself'?
Answer: Justin Bieber.
43. Question: Which film franchise features characters named Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Princess Leia?
Answer: Star Wars.
Embark on an exciting visual journey with one of the most fun trivia question categories! Picture trivia is among the most popular trivia themes. If you are looking for fun trivia night categories, you cannot go wrong with a picture round. Get ready to zoom into the world of amazing imagery with our picture trivia questions.
44. Question: Who is known as the 'father of modern photojournalism'?
Answer: Henri Cartier-Bresson.
45. Question: Who photographed the iconic Migrant Mother during the Great Depression?
Answer: Dorothea Lange.
46. Question: What was the subject of the iconic Blue Marble photograph?
Here's a quiz to exercise your brain muscles with these trivia questions about puzzles. Get on a journey of amazing questions and answers about interesting puzzles that people spend hours solving. Are you ready to untangle your minds with our gripping trivia about some world-class puzzles? Let's get started!
47. Question: In what year did the New York Times first start publishing crossword puzzles?
48. Question: Who is credited with inventing the jigsaw puzzle?
Answer: John Spilsbury.
49. Question: What was the largest jigsaw puzzle ever made as of 2022, in terms of pieces?
Answer: 'Travel Around Art' (551,232 pieces).
50. Question: What were the first jigsaw puzzles made of?
Prepare to sharpen your wit as you get on this brain-teasing adventure to tackle some tricky riddles trivia. Trying out trivia on riddles can be a fun way to challenge your imagination and figure out peculiarities to successfully solve a riddle. Let's see how many of these tricky brainteasers you can untangle.
51. Question: What has keys but can't open locks?
Answer: A piano.
52. Question: I have cities but no houses, forests but no trees, and rivers but no water. What am I?
Answer: A map.
53. Question: What has a heart that doesn't beat?
Answer: A deck of cards.
Our next trivia category on pets has something for every animal lover. Did you know that cats have five toes on their front paws but only four on their back paws? But to be a caring and efficient pet owner you have to know a lot more about the animals that people commonly keep as pets. Let's dive into this short quiz to learn some interesting facts about common house pets.
54. Question: Which breed of dog is known for its impressive speed?
55. Question: What is the term for a group of cats?
56. Question: How many legs does a cat have?
57. Question: Where are the sweat glands of a dog located?
Get ready to paint your world with fascinating facts and vibrant hues as we dive into the exciting realm of color trivia! From the primary colors that form the basis of all hues to the psychological impact of colors, this trivia category will introduce you to some fascinating and fun color facts.
58. Question: In traditional painting and color theory, what are the primary colors?
Answer: Red, yellow, and blue.
59. Question: What color do you get by mixing blue and yellow?
60. Question: What does the color purple represent in many cultures?
Answer: Royalty and luxury.
61. Question: What is the most common color for a rose?
It's time to shuffle into the enchanting world of dance trivia. From ballet pirouettes to hip-hop moves, we've got facts that'll set your curiosity on high. Our dance trivia category explores some of the forms and facets of this dynamic world. Now, let's dive into the world of the dance trivia game and see how much you know about different dance styles.
62. Question: Which ballet is often associated with Christmas?
Answer: 'The Nutcracker'.
63. Question: Which country is known for the dance form called Tango?
64. Question: In which decade did the hip-hop dance style originate?
Answer: Late '60s and early '70s.
Unlock the secrets behind your favorite logos and slogans as we delve into the captivating world of brand trivia! This category covers questions on some of your favorite brands. Did you know that the Nike logo was created by a graphic design student and was bought for a mere $35? Talk about an iconic bargain! Now, let's explore the fascinating stories behind the brands we know and love in this trivia quiz. Get ready to be brand-savvy as you take this quiz on a trivia night!
65. Question: Which soft drink brand is famously known for its secret recipe and distinctive red and white logo?
66. Question: Which brand is known for its 'golden arches' and is one of the largest fast-food chains in the world?
67. Question: Which technology company, known for its iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers, has a half-bitten apple as the logo?
68. Question: Which brand, known for its gaming consoles and video games, has a logo featuring a light green 'X' on a gray metallic sphere?
Answer: Microsoft Xbox.
Let's embark on a scrumptious adventure through some food trivia. From exotic spices to comfort food classics, we've cooked up facts that will satiate your curiosity - and maybe even inspire your next kitchen creation. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and test your expertise with these fun food trivia questions!
69. Question: What popular Italian dish is made with thin, round dough topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various toppings?
70. Question: What buttery flaky French pastry is made from yeast dough that is layered with butter and rolled into a crescent shape?
71. Question: What is a traditional British cake?
Answer: Victoria sponge cake.
News Headlines Trivia
How about we take a newsy detour through some engaging news headlines trivia? From unforgettable presidential proclamations to surprising tabloid titles, we've curated fun facts that'll take you on a historical roller-coaster ride. Let's put on our reporter hats and turn back to some of the pages of our recent past!
72. Question: What headline-grabbing event took place in 2021 when a cargo ship got stuck in the Suez Canal, causing a global shipping disruption?
Answer: Suez Canal blockage.
73. Question: Which historic summit took place in 2018 between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump?
Answer: The Singapore Summit.
74. Question: What international climate change agreement was signed in 2015, aiming to limit global warming and reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Answer: The Paris Agreement.
One Word Substitution Trivia
One-word substitutions help us convey complex ideas succinctly by using a single word in place of a longer phrase. Challenge yourself with these one-word substitution trivia questions and discover the power of words! How many of these questions can you answer correctly?
75. Question: What is the term for a person who is skilled at climbing mountains?
76. Question: What is the term for a person who has expertise in several fields?
77. Question: What word describes a person who is concerned with or seeking to promote human welfare?
78. Question: What term describes the feeling of intense happiness and excitement?
Awards ceremonies are exciting events that recognize outstanding achievements in various fields, from entertainment and sports to literature and science. Get ready to roll out the red carpet as we dive into the glamorous world of awards trivia. Try answering the questions in this awards trivia category and let's see how well-versed you are about the world of accolades!
79. Question: Which award ceremony is considered the most prestigious in the film industry, honoring achievements in filmmaking?
Answer: The Academy Awards (Oscars).
80. Question: Which American award ceremony recognizes outstanding achievements in the music industry?
Answer: The Grammy Awards.
81. Question: Which prestigious literary award is presented annually to the author of the best English novel published in Ireland and the UK?
Answer: The Booker Prize.
82. Question: What is the most prestigious individual award in international football, presented annually by FIFA?
Answer: The FIFA Ballon d'Or.
Buckle up and grab your maps because you're about to tackle some geography trivia questions! From majestic mountains to vast oceans, our world is full of captivating features waiting to be discovered. Put your geography knowledge to the test in this trivia quiz. Let's see how well you know this amazing planet!
83. Question: Name the highest mountain in the world above sea level, located in the Himalayas.
Answer: Mount Everest.
84. Question: Name the largest desert in the world, covering a significant portion of Northern Africa.
85. Question: Name the largest ocean on Earth, covering more than 30% of the planet's surface.
Answer: Pacific Ocean.
86. Question: What is the capital of France, known for the iconic Eiffel Tower and world-class art museums?
Up next in this trivia category, we've got some side-splitting facts that'll have you rolling on the floor with laughter. From silly puns to witty one-liners, this funny trivia challenge will have you grinning from ear to ear. Get ready to chuckle and test your knowledge of all things fun with these hilarious trivia questions!
87. Question: Why don't scientists trust atoms?
Answer: They make up everything.
88. Question: Why did the scarecrow win an award?
Answer: He was outstanding in his field.
89. Question: What do you call a bear with no teeth?
Answer: A gummy bear.
Trivia games are like a double dose of fun and brainpower! This final round is a fun quiz category for families and about families. It's time to gather around and see who is fast at guessing the answers to these trivia questions on different family relations! Are you ready to put your knowledge to the test?
90. Question: What is the term for a person who has the same parents as you?
91. Question: What is the term for your father's sister?
92. Question: What is the term for a child's father?
Your next family quiz night is bound to be a blast with the best fun trivia categories we've shared! From testing your knowledge of movies, animals, and more; you get to learn new things, enjoy some friendly competition, and make sweet memories with friends and family. It is essential to strike a balance between challenging and easy questions to keep everyone engaged. Don't forget to get creative by adding surprise categories that reflect your family's unique interests. Gather your loved ones, prepare the snacks, and let the trivia extravaganza begin!
We Want Your Photos!
More for You
1) Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising. We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the Buy Now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published but we cannot guarantee that on the time of reading. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
2) At Kidadl, we strive to recommend the very best activities and events. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability. Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
3) Because we are an educational resource, we have quotes and facts about a range of historical and modern figures. We do not endorse the actions of or rhetoric of all the people included in these collections, but we think they are important for growing minds to learn about under the guidance of parents or guardians.